Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
zxcvbnm

doom 1.1 under windows

hi,

i am trying to experiment with the -left and -right functions of doom. these were taken out of the game in later versions, i understand. so, i got the downgrade patch to doom 1.1. it works fine in dos, but: i have no dos network drivers.

so anyway, i need to find a way to run doom 1.1 in windows, or i need a patch to a later version, which will run in windows but still has the -left and -right capabilities.
ive been experimenting lately, but still nothing. any help here, anybody?
by the way, if you have ever tried to run doom 1.1 in windows, it crashes with a
Z_ChangeTag: an owner is required for purgable blocks

thanks a lot,
-xooz98

You will need to find the necessary drivers for Dos (try a google search?). Doom v1.1 will not run in Windows. Not even Win 3.1 or the earliest versions of '95 could run it.

i got DOS 6.22 and DOS 6.0. i can tell u some stuff about the early doom. first a bug never let u get 200 health, u could only go to 199. armor kept going up beyond 200. in E1M4 there was a swastika towards the end, could see it with automap, this was removed. there where also so many other bugs and things removed, just i cant remeber

XP does a pretty good job of including support for age old drivers, or so I've heard. I couldn't even begin to consider running v1.1 on my 98se machine. It would be easier to perform a brain transplant.

one of the old ports in development was working on this removed function. I know that's not very helpful, since I don't recall which one.