Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

WADs, which contains music from real bands

I'm interest that WADs. Can you say me? I don't think about original Doom/Doom 2/Final Doom music, only the new WAD music.

Examples:

Scythe contains music from Symphony X.
Scythe 2 contains music from Sisters of Mercy, Nightwish, etc.
The infamous Nazi Aufestehung contains music from Metallica.
Claustrophobia 1024 2 contains music from Ensiferum, Rammstein and Nightwish.
Invasion UAC contains music from Gundan Wing (anime series)

Any other...?

There's some sort of Quake TC (not the EDGE one) that has a lot of Metallica in it.

And I never knew Scythe had Symphony X... how could I miss that??

PRIMEVAL said:

And I never knew Scythe had Symphony X... how could I miss that??

MAP26: Fear - Symphony X: A Fool's Paradise (great song, recommended for listening)

MAP29: Hell on Earth - Symphony X: Lady of the Snow

MAP23: Anger contains a Symphony X song too, but I don't know it's name.

(Source: Doom Wiki)

Scythe 2 (version 2) also has Symphony X. I believe map 30 is "Church of the Machine"

E: Scythe 1 map 23's track is "The Absence of Light"

"Newgothic" by ArmouredBlood has a lot of Symphony X too. One track not mentioned yet he used is "Evolution (The Grand Design)"

He also used "Bitter Peace" by Slayer on one of the maps.

Jenesis Part 1 will contain a MIDI of a Pendulum song sequenced by me. Not saying which one though. ;P

DoomHero85 said:

Scythe 2 (version 2) also has Symphony X. I believe map 30 is "Church of the Machine"

Oh, thank you very much!! I really wanted to know that!

slightly off the topic, but I've always wanted to put together a wad (for self-use) of all the inspirational credited tracks for doom/2 in midi form.

This is pretty much like asking the magic mirror who surpasses you in beauty. You'll get a fucking phone book directory as an answer.

END1.WAD. 2-episode megawad which contains mostly Metallica-based MIDI music, but also a few from NIN, Nirvana and others.

My Hell Bent episode for ZDoom (link in sig) included midi versions of songs by Joy Division, Black Sabbath, Pixies and Pink Floyd amongst others. Unsuccessfully some may argue...

Cell said:

I've played NewDooM Community Project II nowadays. MAP30's music seems to be a track of a heavy metal band. Also, MAP14's music is a redone of Marilyn Manson: Sweet Dreams.

Okay, but I've already knew these things, because I was, who recommended NDCP2 for you :P

Jimmy91 said:

Jenesis Part 1 will contain a MIDI of a Pendulum song sequenced by me. Not saying which one though. ;P

Damn, I can't wait to hear that

Cell said:

But it doesn't mean everybody knows these music facts about NDCP2.

Oh, sorry! I believed, you want to say that for me.

Cell said:

I've played NewDooM Community Project II nowadays. MAP30's music seems to be a track of a heavy metal band.

That would be Criminally Insane by Slayer. I actually prefer the MIDI to the real song, myself.

Mithral_Demon said:

dot.wad (Dimension of Time I believe) Secret level 31/32 has Phil Collins "Take Me Home", though I don't think this counts.. or does it?

Maybe... and Song 2 from Blur on MAP01 and MAP12. But I rather want to know the origin of MAP04.

Never_Again said:

I'm curious about the subject of this thread. What constitutes a real band?

Metallica, Slayer, Symphony X, Marilyn manson, Bon Jovi, etc. -> men or bands, who plays music for money in the real life. I bored the game soudntracks or the MIDI's, which created specially for the game. I want to listen real-life musics under the game! :Đ

just write [insert random band & song name here] and "8-bit" into youtube searcher... you'll quite possibly get what you search for