Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Terminus Null

Some of the texturing and architecture looks a little haphazard imo. Those gargoyle heads near the stairwell in shot 4 with the borders and lots of small sectors in for instance, and the marbface in shot 5 (the support3 "bending" around the corner too). And you've got strong lighting from the torches, but nothing from the candles and candelabras.

Another thing I noticed is that in shot 3, all the support structures are ending in roughly the same location. It'd look better to bring some all the way back to the far wall imo.

Just some thoughts. :)

jointritual said:

Looks a little random texture wise, wood and marble etc don't mix imo.

Really? I like the atmosphere that's set up whenever people use both of them together.

jointritual said:

Looks a little random texture wise, wood and marble etc don't mix imo.

Why not? They're both common in gothic-themed structures, and tan and green go nicely together...

I like how the lighting is dark and eerie, and the marble texture looks good with the wood texture imo. The glowing red parts really stand out and give the map an extra hellish tone. Can't wait until this is released! :)

*bump*

So did anything ever come of this? It looked like a really neat level.

Last I've heard from him, he's been mapping for some personal projects that he intends to incorporate these maps into and release on his own. Something like a more advanced and fast-paced version of Skulltag's invasion game mode. It's a shame he's been banned really. Despite his abrasive attitude he's a very talented mapper and texture artist but is increasingly difficult to contact.