Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

David and Goliath

Pacquiao is so quick to counter! Even in later rounds.

Margarito kept leaving that 'checking' left hanging out there.

Yeah, it sure looked like "David and Goliath".

Margarito required surgery for a fractured orbital. They had to wait a few days for the swelling to go down before they could do the surgery. It was a brutal beating. Even when Pacquaio found himself in trouble a couple times, he always came back strong.

Lizardcommando said:

Hey, you never know. He could have somehow made a miraculous comeback. It's happened in the past, right?

True. Margarito never gave up and only stopped being a threat in the last couple rounds. Plus, given that he was so much bigger there was always the outside chance he could put Pacquiao into trouble in a relatively short amount of time. I guess that's why they let the fight keep going in the last two rounds when Pacquiao started turning to the ref to stop the fight.

"My opponent looked bad. I wanted the referee to stop it. I looked at his eyes and cuts and I didn't want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about."

"Margarito showed a lot of courage," said Roach. "Manny carried him the last two rounds."

"It was a really hard fight," said Pacquiao. "This is the hardest fight in my boxing career. Margarito is really tough and strong ... He's big, bigger than me. In the sixth round he got me with a good body shot. It was really painful and I'm lucky to survive that round."

"He's the fastest fighter of our era," said Margarito's trainer Robert Garcia of Pacquiao. "No one can match his speed."

"I gave it all I had, but unfortunately I was not able to get the victory over the best fighter in the world today," Margarito said. "As I said before the fight I was never going to quit and tried to win this fight to the very last minute"