Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madk

Instant-kill sector in BOOM?

I don't know of a perfectly reliable way that will only trigger if you're touching the floor, but I've seen vanilla-compatible approximations in mods like Batman Doom. You'd have to refer to the maps themselves to find out how it was done, as I honestly don't know.

In BOOM you might be able to have a voodoo doll start down a conveyor and head toward a slow crusher sector that will start once the voodoo doll enters that sector, but unless perfectly timed this will not necessarily kill the player as soon as they hit.

AFAIK you can only make an instant kill linedef action in BOOM (and Vanilla Doom for that matter). This is for killing the player, not a monster.

Option1: See TNT MAP30. The player teleports onto a voodoo doll, thus telefragging themselves.

Option2: Use a silent slow crusher linedef action to crush a voodoo doll to death. This method allows you to give some time delay before the crusher kills the voodoo. It's not instant kill though, but pretty fast.

Option3: Use a voodoo on a conveyor which then teleports onto another voodoo doll. This would give a more instant kill after a time delay ie: falling off a ledge etc.

-travers