Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHaveToPee

Help about doom in hexen format

Hey,
I'v got problems about building the basic things on hexen format however I know to do everything in doom format (ambushes, doors, lifts, teleports etc( and I'd like to combine the hexen format costum things such as bridges&slopes&deep water in my maps.
Is it possible to use both doom2 format and zdoom- doom in hexen format on the same map?

And I have a problem with the bridges: I did everything that I have to do- I'v put those bridge's things and lines and each time I test my bridges the player falls down and can't walk even one step on it.
Do I have to use an action for the bridges?

If you refer to line types, no. Hexen format uses a different standard. All the features are there, of course, but it has to be set a bit differently so I'm afraid you have to learn a bit.

For example in hexen format i'm trying to make teleport however I don't succeed in giving a tag to the linedefs and I don't find a way to tag them.

I'm not really sure if you can mix Doom features and Zdoom-Hexen in the same map. Never tried it before, but probably not. You always got the Zdoom wiki of course... in hexen format there's more than just giving a line special and a tag. You need an activator type (Player walks over, Player presses use, etc...) And there's also a checkbox floating around in "edit line properties" that will make the line special re-triggerable.