Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Khorus

Revolting Rocks (speedmap)

So I was in a Doomy mood after uploading bge2 to /idgames the other day (it's still in incoming). I realized it had been just over a year since I had done any sort of speedmapping. And that it's been over 3 years since I worked with Doom 2. So, here is the result:

Screen

Mapshot (512 grid)

Go get it from /idgames, or the older temp links here (team drd) or here (filefront). It's for vanilla Doom 2, map01, and runs under the limits (at least I found no bugs and I only played in choco).

It was just over 3 hours including testing and gameplay tweaks. Most of that time was spent working on the natural geometry that I love so. Not yet sure if I'll upload it to /idgames.

uh. yeah, enjoy.

Very nicely balanced. :) At the end of the map I only had 10 bullets left in my chaingun. Which were the 10 bullets I got from the chaingunner I just killed with my last bullets previous to that. :p

Time to run it with AEoD!

Seriously though this was a fun map to crash through, except it felt pretty linear compared to other stuff I've played by you. I personally don't have a problem with it, it was just surprising. I completed the map with 1% health because of some careless mistakes. It was fun :)

kristus said:

Very nicely balanced. :) At the end of the map I only had 10 bullets left in my chaingun. Which were the 10 bullets I got from the chaingunner I just killed with my last bullets previous to that. :p

Heh. awesome. :D

40oz said:

Seriously though this was a fun map to crash through, except it felt pretty linear compared to other stuff I've played by you. I personally don't have a problem with it, it was just surprising. I completed the map with 1% health because of some careless mistakes. It was fun :)

Cool. :) Yeah, I was going to make it separate right from the start. But I couldn't be bothered and just made it an all out slugfest map. And good thing I decided to not make the nukage damage. :p

Time to run it with AEoD!

Not even AEoD can ruin my awesome balancing!

Hey Khorus. Sorry, but can you please upload it to a different site? The one it's on doesn't let me on it. Even tried using different computers from the same house. Still doesn't work...

OP updated with filefront link as well. I also uploaded to /idgames last night, so that will be up sometime soon. Note that the filefront and /idgames version is different than team drd, I found some glaring texture and geometry issues.

Thanks, well I just tried out the level and the gameplay is very fun and straight forward. Finished it on my third go because I got killed by the archvile on my first, and ran out of ammo right at the end on my second because I was playing like Rambo (only a little less accurate). :)

Overall a very good speedmap.

Reading the thread title, I can only think of Revolting Cocks...

I'll have to check this out when I get home, the screeny looks cool.

PRIMEVAL said:

Reading the thread title, I can only think of Revolting Cocks...

I was listening to Big Sexy Land all the time I was making the map, so it felt appropriate. :P

Missed this the first time around, thank you N_A for the bump and thank you Khorus for the map. Great little map that feels like it could fit in Scythe 1 just fine.