Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wildweasel

Diaz v3 - Voice actors wanted

I'm updating my previous gameplay mod, Agent Diaz, and addressing many of the complaints and issues with the previous versions, among the foremost of which is all the ripped resources I used. Unfortunately, the Creative Commons databases that I browse doesn't necessarily lend themselves to certain types of resources, such as player and enemy voices. Therefore, I'm putting the call out for people that can help replace the vast array of voices in the mod.

I still need voice actors for the following parts:

• Agent Diaz (female, full set of player sounds and taunts)
  • Civilians (basic pistol-toting zombies, more casual/panicky voice)
  • UAC Security (SMG-carrying zombies, authoritative "by-the-book cop" voice)
  • Shotgunners (PMC-types, more aggressive and coarse)
  • Magnum guys (Similar to shotgunners, but will be under a helmet filter)
  • Flamethrower guys (in the previous version these guys were Russian-accented - if I could get similar styling, or even actual Russian language, that'd be good)
  • German Snipers (this will be a tough one as I'd prefer that they speak actual German, being that they are straight from WW2, see diazlore.txt)
My general advice to voice actors: don't be afraid to be loud if needed, keep your lines short, and if your microphone sucks a lot, don't despair, as I may consider you for any of the helmet-filtered voices.

The previous version of the mod, for reference purposes: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15465

Would you have central-europian accent voices? Beacause I'm from Hungary and if you this accent is good, I should help.

Katamori said:

Would you have central-europian accent voices? Beacause I'm from Hungary and if you this accent is good, I should help.

Actually that may be just the ticket, I'm not terribly picky about accents (except on the German snipers, heh). If I could get some samples from you for sight, pain, and death sounds (don't need too many; as many as you're willing to do), I'll see what I can do with 'em, and dispense advice if needed.