Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Your favourite moment in IWADs

Well, this is my question for you :)

I can't choose my favourite, because I played IWADs first time, it was a long time ago and since a lot of things happened with me, so... I forgot them :D

however, I remembered, I played Evilution, and I have an unwritable feeling, when I saw the secret levels. I've never know the yellow key bug, I cheated a lot, because on Doom95 Final Doom was hard for me :D

ans especially, when I reached the exit of the MAP32, I felt that place the edge of the world, because I believed, there are regular levels, and I didn't know, why turned me back on MAP16. It was a weird kind of mysticism for me :D (I was about 12 years old, now I'm 17)

Killing the mancubi in MAP07 and then having the walls lower to reveal arachnotrons. The first time you played it, this was something pretty insane, because up to this point you hadn't encountered either monster.

Also all of e1m7.

Fiend said:

Also all of e1m7.

This.

One of my more memorable moments was when I first saw the Barons in the Phobos Anomaly. Up to that point, the craziest things I'd seen were pinky demons, and so for me those were still pretty scary by themselves. Imagine my terror, then, when I step forward and two hulking behemoths roar and begin advancing on me. I'm pretty sure I turned and ran away at first...

E1M4, when I played on ITYTD (this is the first time you encounter a demon, in the maze part). I was so scared of that demon, not only the first time, but every single time I went in there. I sometimes stopped to play when I reached the blue key door, because I didn't want to step in ; or I just ran as fast as possible and managed to get killed by the lone imp a bit further.

E3M8 That freak spider almost made me shit myself... when It first made that noise, when saw it, and when it turned my screen red 3 seconds later lol

Completing the game on Co-op for the first time, me and a bud stayed up all night playing the Ultimate Doom, (now we could probably do it in an hour or two), but we were both new to the last 3/4s of the game. We had played only the shareware prior to this, man that was a blast!

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

Completing the game on Co-op for the first time

Man was that fun. Especially when in between levels me and my brother would bust into spontaneous deathmatches.

for me it was finding secrets in episode 1. Also, for some reason, the memory of the rising walkway near the beginning of e1m5 always sticks out for me when I think of episode 1, but also the slime secrets in e1m6-the one where you get the soulsphere and follow the steps up from the blue armor, and the one where you follow a slime passageway to a ledge overlooking an outdoor area where another soul sphere is..and.... finding the secrets where having the blue key makes passing through the level quicker, bypassing the maze area on the level--e1m6 secrets are some of the best and most classic secrets of all time :)--right up there with e1m7's and e1m3's, particularly the locked yellow door secret with all the goodies (and the dramatic height variation) and the slime secret where you get the RL for the first time and the chaingun in the secret within the secret. The other memory that lingers is the end of e2m4, for some reason--the gloomy atmosphere and the puzzle to get the floor to raise so you can exit (and the soul sphere secret at the end, too). The beginning and end of e3m4.

katamori said:

I can't choose my favourite, because I played IWADs first time, it was a long time ago and since a lot of things happened with me, so... I forgot them :D

You should play through Doom again. Seriously.

My First one in doom II is figuring how to complete MAP30 without cheating noclip.

That happened when i always go through him and kill John Romero, one of the times i killed him and ran back, so i saw the explosions and i was amazed, after finishing the text says "after you put your rockets" so i knew that rockets can finish normally.