Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siriuss

How i edit the strength of a monster?

Im sorry to interrupt you guys, but im very new in editing a monster STATISTICS.

Yes i know how to edit the GFX, and Sprites. But how i make for example a demon faster or an imp shooting faster?

I hope you guys may help me :S

Sry i dont know what you mean :(

Im using XWE to edit sprites and i just want to edit the monsters in doom 2.
Can you explain me what you mean?

The old fashioned method is with DeHackEd.

Several advanced source ports, however, have changed the Doom mobjs from hardcoded stuff to text files containing simplified code, allowing people to define additional actors. Examples include Doomsday's DED, EDGE's DDF, Eternity's EDF and ZDoom's DECORATE. These languages allow you do to much greater changes than what is possible through DHE, but they have different tricks. For example, with DECORATE, you cannot directly change an actor, you have to instead replace it with another; whereas with EDF you can alter the originals directly but you have to do it with delta structures. (I don't know much about DED and DDF, other than they exist.)

I downloaded DeHackEd and it wont start. Theres just appearing a black window and it disappears after 2 sec. :(

And whats this:
Doomsday's DED, EDGE's DDF, Eternity's EDF and ZDoom's DECORATE.

How can i edit with Zdoom?

I hope you guys may help me :(

I have a new question:
I got now the gzdoom.pk3 and i edited some stats of the monsters.
But i got some questions:

Whats the painchance?
How i make a monster much stronger (exp: Zombiman should make more damage)?

Siriuss said:

I have a new question:
I got now the gzdoom.pk3 and i edited some stats of the monsters.

That's really not how you're supposed to do this.

Siriuss said:

But i got some questions:

Whats the painchance?

Read the wiki. :/

There is a lot of basic information that you need to learn to use these things, and the first of them is to learn to use the wiki and get a feeling of where you can find the answers you want. Painchance is a property, so you'd have to look at the "actor properties" page. To change the attack, you have to change the attack function, so take a look at the "action functions" page.

Siriuss said:

I downloaded DeHackEd and it wont start. Theres just appearing a black window and it disappears after 2 sec. :(

And whats this:
Doomsday's DED, EDGE's DDF, Eternity's EDF and ZDoom's DECORATE.

How can i edit with Zdoom?

DeHackEd has to be run from a command prompt, it'll also need some pre-configuring before you can get it to do anything useful. WhackEd2 or WhackEd3 beta might be more to your liking.

DED, DDF, EDF and DECORATE are all scripting languages. DECORATE is probably the best documented and easily the most widely used, so that'd be a good starting point - you'll find plenty of example scripts in the wiki.

As for editing, that can be done in a text editor or a wad editor - XWE or Slade3 (which is apparently out of beta), whichever takes your fancy.

Whats the painchance?

To paraphrase the wiki - Painchance is the probability of entering the pain state when sustaining damage (0 = never, 256 = always).
To make a monster stronger - give it a higher health value.