Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valhallaist

Anyone ever had a DOOM dream?

I was about 12 when I had my first Doom dream:

I was in E1M3 and I was fighting a bunch of enemies that looked like the guy from "The Scream" painting (yeah, that one).

My second Doom dream was more basic. I was in a hellish cathedral. I went through a wooden door. I heard demonic laughter. I ran away.

Once I had one.

I'd mention that I had had a terrible fight with my twinbrother previously on that day, because he spreaded fatty bread for himself, but just a moment later, the slice of bread was nowhere. He went bananas and accused me with eating it. Before our initial fight, he asked furiously: "Your b*tchface motherf*cker, where did you put my fatty bread?!". Our parents had to separate us.

In the nightmare, on MAP20, a Cacodemon chased me repeating the same sentence in a devilous voice... Just imagine how he would say: "Your b*tchface motherf*cker, where did you put my fatty bread?!" :D :D :D

Previously, when I had strong fever, I had a dream... I was something hellish but outdoor level (maybe E3M6), and the only thing I remember an attacking Arch-Vile and a lot of hellspawns behind him, incoming attacking me. I don't remember anything other.

On the morning my body temperature was near 41 °C (due to the fever)

Katamori said:

Previously, when I had strong fever, I had a dream... I was something hellish but outdoor level (maybe E3M6), and the only thing I remember an attacking Arch-Vile and a lot of hellspawns behind him, incoming attacking me. I don't remember anything other.

On the morning my body temperature was near 41 °C (due to the fever)

Oh yeah, I also had a doom dream when I had a fever. I dreamt that three Barons came in through the window, and I fought them off with a chain. Not a chainsaw or a chaingun, just a chain.

When I have a dream concerning Doom, which hasn't happened in a long while, it's pretty fucked up. Not in a scary way, but in a what the fuck way.
I had this Doom dream where I was in a Hell themed level and yellow key cards kept teleporting. For some reason this alarmed me (in the dream) and I started firing my chaingun (I had a chaingun for some reason) wildly at the surrounding walls.
Like I said, what the fuck.

While not necessarily dreams about Doom, I have quite a few that involve elements from Doom (like my recent "cacotree" dream). Usually a dream might not have anything to do with Doom, say I'm walking through a dark corridor, but I know that the dream has something to do with Doom, even if there isn't anything immediately linking the dream to something from Doom. There might be that lingering feeling that an opponent is lurking in the shadows or a demon is coming from the opposite side of the corridor.

I base many of my Doom wads on dreams I have had. Not only that, I still have a lot of dream scenery stored in my memory that I would like to translate into a Doom wad someday.

Other similar dream topics of mine might include working on some Doom wads, dreaming about IRC or Doomworld, or literally playing the game (not actually being a part of the game).

The first nightmare I remember having (6 years old or so) involved running around a silver-colored aze while Former Humans chase me around, shot at me, and laughed demonically.

Oh,I forgot to say: I dreamt many times about Doom, or just little parts in my dreams about Doom, since I played Doom first time (when I was about 9)

I can't remember only small parts; e.g. I remember a scene, when a Cacodemon goes down from a tunnel which hang down somewhere and I fired with the plasma gun.

There was another scene, where I was in a strange buliding (maybe a prison), and the corridor was lightened well, but when I went to a dark cell, suddenly I was a totally dark place, between computer panels (it's a typic scene in Doom E1 and E2, but you know it :P)

last month I have a dream of myself in WOS map28. However there's hordes of monsters and cyberdemons in that map in my dream, and I only got a SSG..............

And then what happens, I forget.

I usually dream of Doom when I'm withdrawn for a time. It's a fairly good message that I have to return to playing it.

I was surrounded by Barons with weird goat skulls for heads, and I ended up blowing myself up with a rocket in the only Doom dream I ever recall having.

...Even in my dreams, I self frag. *sigh*

Doom related dreams are very rare for me. When I have one, it always involves SP_HOT walls with a gloomy atmosphere, or STAR* walls in brightly lit rooms, but there are never any weapons or demons around.

The dreams with SP_HOT walls are always nightmares, I usually run away from something, though I never know what I am running from and can never see the threat. One time I was climbing a very tall SP_HOT wall, I felt fear and an urge to reach the top as soon as possible, but then I slipped and I woke up, right before I hit the ground.

The E1 themed rooms, on the other hand, make me feel happy and relaxed. It feels like home.

I've had dreams about playing doom, and dreams about being IN Doom. Not too frequently though. Tends to happen when I'm more active playing the game.

Someone dredge up that thread from a while back that was about that sleep research project that proved that dreaming about playing Doom made you better at playing it, because I'm too lazy!

when i was 13, i've dreamed to be in a house of this girl i knew in the middle-school (she was a friend of mine) and the house got the rock3 and wood9 textures instead of they're own walls. I remind it was looking like This map mine section, and i running around in the "house" with the doomguy's shotgun...

The DoomMarine and I pounded shots down, and used a imp's head for a soccer match. BOOM! Period.

Sometimes I dream that I'm playing, and then suddenly I'm inside of the game playing, and then I'm back out showing my friends how cool I am.

I have them all the time. I usually try and roughly sketch the level layout whenever I wake up, but I only manage to get about half of it down before I forget the rest.

Like someone said though, they usually always involve Cyberdemons and fright. I tend to end up trapped in a corner of the map with little ammo left, and I wake up when I get blasted by a rocket while trying to make my escape.

Nomad said:

Someone dredge up that thread from a while back that was about that sleep research project that proved that dreaming about playing Doom made you better at playing it, because I'm too lazy!

This one?

In the only Doom dream I remember was sort of a slow speedrun through E1M1 without monsters.

I had a racist DooM dream based on E1 where I made an African former human my slave, ordered him to fetch me weapons, and kicked him down stairs and acted like a prick the whole time, I even shot him a few times hoping he'd fight back so I could get my fill of DooMing, because unfortunately he was the only monster in the map. It was quite a frustrating dream actually, because at the time I had it, I didn't have DooM installed on my computer, and wanted to play it so badly.

In your next dream, you'll dream that this dude is the next U.S. President, which means that you are going to be fetching his weapons. :P

Haha, don't worry the South African government is doing this to me already. I had that dream in 1994, and I've been paying him tax ever since, so he can buy weapons. :D

Also, inb4 someone takes that dream seriously.

Except for a few dreams concerning me outsmarting zombies on an apocolyptic scale, I don't think I have ever really had a DOOM Themed dream... I don't think...

I gotta admit, I'm kinda intrigued as to how one would go about 'outsmarting zombies on an apocalyptic scale'.

I was kinda thinking that this outsmarting should involve the doom shotgun in some way. 'Coz you know about 6 bazillion zombies have died at the hands of that particular weapon over the years.

Either that, or possibly some cosmic zombie version of whack-a-mole.

Or something.

I just had a dream recently that was related to DooM. Basically my area of the neighborhood was terrorized by the Hellrose from the 667 Beastiary. Kinda like a Tremors rip off, really.

I had a dream that a belphegor (that blood-red hell knight/baron of hell from Skulltag) was attacking my school, and since there was no hope of me surviving anyway I decided to try and attack it... with my fists. Charged at it and as soon as I got withing punching range it just ate me whole... :S

Yeah, it's a dream. Don't ask why.

Any other Doom-related dream was just me playing the game, with nothing different inside it even. My imagination sucks even inside dreams.

Usually for me, most of my dreams consist of random shit going on at once, don't ask why.

But on topic, one of the moments I had in said dreams was me fighting off a few Pinkies with a shotgun.......
and that's all I got.