Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

RELEASED: Dawn of Reality - Realistic City for GZDoom (comparison with real places)

After 3 long years I'm finally finish this map. I hope most of you can play this with good framerate. Have fun and let me know your opinion (maybe someone can record a demo so I can learn more about gameplay on this map).

GZDoom Settings: Dynamic lights intensity must be 0.5 and light size 1.0, Precache GL texture MUST be set to ON before you play first time. High Quality resize mode MUSt be OFF. Lighting Mode mus be "dark".

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=16275

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

REMEMBER: PRECACHE GL TEXTURES MUST BE "ON"

SCREENSHOTS

TRAILER

So far I'm really impressed with what I see. If I had to sum the gameplay up with three words, I'd say NUTS with style. As soon as you exit the building at the start, you step in to a world of mass butt rape. In this case it's kind of a good thing though. It seemed to make things a lot more interesting by forcing you to figure out when the best time to make a stand and fight and when to run for your life. The haunted house is still the most memorable part of the map for me. It's just a shame that part is so short. Right now I'm stuck though. I just went through the teleporter in the red key door building and cleared out that room filled with hell knights and barons and now I can't figure out where to go next.

Reinchard666 said:

Are you sure that you have found the Unholy Bible and place them in the rostrum in the Barons concelebration room?

No, I haven't found the unholy bible yet. Where can I find it?

I played through it and all I have to say is...Damn.

Seriously, this has to be one of the most visually stunning and realistic Doom maps I've ever played. The custom textures, the music, the spooky parts...it's really a great WAD. The three years of hard work paid off, Dude. They really paid off.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

Here's a clue: Nazis....

Heh, yeah I actually found it. I've got to admit, that was actually kind of interesting and probably one of the last things I was expecting.

I create a new pk3 file and sort all things to specific folders + I'm delete all bugs. Unfortunately I can't paste all textures to folders like "hires\", "textures\" and "flats\" becouse this causes many problems. The biggest problem is that I would have again work on textures aligment, but not in this life... This version loads little faster for me.
Heres a new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pq7yvknd83dq1re

REMEMBER: PRECACHE GL TEXTURES MUST BE "ON"

I enjoyed it. The part involving the location of the unholy bible in particular was pretty neat. First time I've seen that particular enemy type used, and I haven't felt that they're not suited to the environment. I got lost acouple of times, though the only thing that really confused me was that switch you had above that fire place later on in the map.

Visually, I liked a lot of the high res textures, and some of the architecture was pretty cool. (Well, the hellish stuff was. The majority of the map, the urban stuff was cool, I just like geometry based off abstract ideas more.)

Hope you make more maps, and I hope they don't take you as long as this did :)

Insane_Gazebo said:

Hope you make more maps, and I hope they don't take you as long as this did :)

Look at the extreme huge number of 3d floors, one over the other, sloped in one side, sloped in another side etc... and you will know why it took so long. I had to do it all in order to make map very similar to real existing places. Thanks for your opinion. Do you finish this level?

killer2: wait some week, I upload this on idgames.

There's a rule regarding files larger than 50 mb IIRC, so you should email Ty Halderman first before attempting to upload it.

Reinchard666 said:

Look at the extreme huge number of 3d floors, one over the other, sloped in one side, sloped in another side etc... and you will know why it took so long. I had to do it all in order to make map very similar to real existing places. Thanks for your opinion. Do you finish this level?

killer2: wait some week, I upload this on idgames.

Ah okay. I assumed it was mostly life related duties that slowed down the mapping :) (Still I'm sure it was a lot bigger than any map I've made...)

I did finish it, yep.

INCREDIBLE MASTERPIERCE!

These 2 word the only which I can say. The greatest city level in Doom, EVER! Although when I tried, it runs slowly and a bit hard, the textures, the design, everything... FANTASTIC!

I hope you will be nominated on Cacoward 2010, because you have chance to win :)

At least a download link that works for me!Thank you.
Are we allowed to jump or crouch in this one?