Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

PNAMES insertion: DeepSea texture importing

I can't be bothered to figure out why this isn't working. It usually does. I insert .bmp files into the wad file and put PP_START and PP_END at the top and bottom of the list of added textures. I then insert PNAMES beneath PP_START but when I load the wad it says "pnames empty" and crashes deepsea. How do I properly insert the pnames?

EDIT: When I say that I insert PNAMES I mean that I type in the word "PNAMES".

Can't recall when I last tried using DeePsea. Is there anything in the PNAMES lump and why are you placing it between the patch markers?

Here's how you'd do it in SLADE 3. I've never used DeepSea.

1. Put your images between PP_START and PP_END, it's not necessary but fine.
2. Select them all. Choose "Convert to..." and "Doom Gfx" (the default choice). If the colors seem wrong in the preview, you can change the palette with the drop-down selectors below the preview pictures.
3. While they're still all selected, right-click on the bunch of them and choose "Gfx->Add to PNames". You may also directly add them to textures, which will both add them to PNAMES and create a texture for each patch.

Does this image help? To add to PNAMES, choose "Add to Patch Table"; to add to PNAMES and create automatically one texture per patch with the same name as the patch, choose "Add to TEXTUREx".

And don't forget to convert the format because no port in existence will accept to load BMP files. SLADE 3, contrarily to DeepSea or XWE, will not do things like this automatically without asking you first.