Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EPRdoommarine

Sprite quality

I think that its pretty good, especially for something drawn entirely in paint. I agree that it doesn't really match the Doom style that well. With some recoloring, it would probably look good in Strife.

That looks like a pretty damn good start. Something about the style is off, but I don't know nearly enough about sprite editing to make any worthwhile suggestions about it, beyond the fact that the color scheme isn't especially Doomy. (The blues you're using, in particular, don't even have a close enough analogue in Doom's palette and just get turned to gray when I palettize your sprite.)

I threw together a couple of half-assed color remaps that worked well enough under Doom's palette. They could be fitted much more properly into the palette ranges, but I just did some quick hue/saturation adjustments to get the basic ideas down. Most of them are more standard Doom-monster skin tones, but I included a blue one anyway 'cause it's unique :P

esselfortium said:

I threw together a couple of half-assed color remaps that worked well enough under Doom's palette.

Could you be interested to offer the same generosity to another fellow Doom-modder? I have some weapon-sprites that need recoloring, in a specific shade.

NEW SPRITE: musket
Hopefully going to be part of a medieval themed mod i'm hoping to release, (dont look forward to it, cause I never get anyhing done)anyways could I get some advice on drawing a flintlock please, thank you.

It actually looks very good to me and it is totally amazing that you could pull something like that off in MSPaint. However, I had to zoom in in a drawing program to make out what it is supposed to be. To me, it looks like the upper body of an alternative cyberdemon. Aren`t the legs missing?