Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siriuss

Player starts with no gun?

How can i do this?
I know some functions for ACS scripting but i dont know how to make a player start with no guns?

TakeInventory("Pistol", 1);

Actually, you don't even need acs to do this... just make sure you don't have/remove any " Player.StartItem "<any weapon>" " in yer Player decorate definition.

The vanilla way: use a map01 where there are 50 doors in a row that have to be opened by shooting them. Put your level on the map02 slot. That way, you can even say it's cheating to use a pistol start! :p

And how can i keep a player frozen until a special delay ends?

Example:
Playerfrozen
Delay smthing like 10 sec.
Playerunfreeze.

Or how i keep a print longer then just a few sec?

Siriuss said:

Urgh, although that's possible, it's definitely not a feature to use often. The player wants to play!

You might not care if you're using ACS already but I'll say this anyway for the benefit of future readers. In DeHackEd:

Misc 0
Initial Bullets = 0
The pistol will briefly appear but be replaced immediately with your fist. Eternal's Hell Ground did this, IIRC.

Siriuss said:

Example:
Playerfrozen
Delay smthing like 10 sec.
Playerunfreeze.

If you want any special functions to do whatever you need, just consult the Holy Bible of Zdoom
Look at left tab, "Acs Functions"

Bishop said:

TakeInventory("Pistol", 1);

Actually, you don't even need acs to do this... just make sure you don't have/remove any " Player.StartItem "<any weapon>" " in yer Player decorate definition.

Use WhackEd and remove initial bullets that way every level that uses the -warp command starts you out with no bullets.

You can also edit the initial health of the player at the start of a map. It will come out to a deh file though.

Gez said:

The vanilla way: use a map01 where there are 50 doors in a row that have to be opened by shooting them. Put your level on the map02 slot. That way, you can even say it's cheating to use a pistol start! :p

Sounds annoying, and I would just use the fist instead of the pistol to save ammo. Kind of defeats the purpose. Fifty shootable switches behind windows would do the trick, but there's a better way:

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6
Misc 0
Initial Bullets = 0
...and it's gone. "Please step aside for people who actually have money with this bank." ... Disadvantage with the Dehacked patch is that the player's pistol start becomes a "fist start" on every map.

/Edit: Sry RjY, I failed to read the other comments before posting.