Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Dr. Sleep has been found?

If it is legit, then Dr. Sleep has not been found -- he revealed himself.

If it is fake, then Dr. Sleep has not been found -- it's a bunch of unbacked lies.

:p

Doesn't Romero have some beef with him for unpaid debts he's been avoiding?

Csonicgo said:

A contributor that goes by "drsleep" edited the page.

Is this fake or is this legit? What do you think?

The contributor's IP address places them in south-west Pennsylvania. I'm keeping an open mind about this for now.

Ah, that's interesting. I still often wonder whether this whole matter will be settled and whether more and more details slowly revealed on this...

Maes said:

So Dr Sleep actually make John Romero his bitch? Interesting...

ROFL!

If he is indeed a fugitive from the law, then he is quite bold in posting online to a public website that tracks IP addresses visibly. Dr. Sleep the legend will last forever, but Dr. Sleep the man may be rotting in prison for 15 to 20 :P

Quasar said:

If he is indeed a fugitive from the law, then he is quite bold in posting online to a public website that tracks IP addresses visibly.

Or maybe he just ended his time in prison...

So... why does Dr. Sleep owe John Romero such a large sum of money? Well, aside from, you know... John Romero making people his bitch and whatnot.

AgentSpork said:

So... why does Dr. Sleep owe John Romero such a large sum of money? Well, aside from, you know... John Romero making people his bitch and whatnot.

Romero claims he loaned him $10k during the Daikatana era and then he skipped town. I cannot verify the veracity of any such claim and therefore this is not to be construed as slander/libel of any sort. Dr. Sleep always seemed like a good guy to me and I was worried when I noticed he had seemed to drop off the face of the earth.

Quasar said:

I cannot verify the veracity of any such claim and therefore this is not to be construed as slander/libel of any sort.

because asking him nicely and publicly won't do the trick, but "libel" will make him come back just to shut us up? if that's the case he would be no legend to me. :P

All Dr. Sleep would have had to do was pay Romero just like a few hundred to start and he would never have to worry about criminal charges ever. What a poor criminal

Ralphis said:

All Dr. Sleep would have had to do was pay Romero just like a few hundred to start and he would never have to worry about criminal charges ever. What a poor criminal

I don't think the charges supposedly pending against him are supposed to have anything to do with Romero. Romero only added that bit as his personal beef. Romero claims Dr. Sleep was involved in some kind of fraudulent activity. Again, not my words and I know nothing about it and therefore do not make any judgment myself :P

been at Dr.Sleeps DOOMish looking site finding some different WAD editors, long ago.

who is that dude anyway, and whats the story behind/about him?

seen his name mentioned around when i read something about DOOM at random places

D_GARG said:

who is that dude anyway, and whats the story behind/about him?

Scroll way back up to the first post.

Click the link.

Read.

The question is, why would Sleep skip town after being loaned a chunk of money from him?

The Drsleep guy added a web archive page from 6 years ago that says he lives in Uniontown, PA. Then edits that he's alive and well in such town. He also removed the last paragraph saying he's under investigation. Alot can happen in 6 years! In 6 years I moved 3 times and if he's on the run from the FBI there would be no reason why he would stay there at all, unless he's a dumb criminal (since alot of criminals are complete idiots). He could already be in jail.

The better proof is what Ashley said in the discussion, he posted to more recent articles.