Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Why is there a post hell

Your question holds the answer: So that they aren't deleted.

The junk thrown there may have some value, at least as entertainment or to show people what they should not do. The fact that the forum is locked, that it has annoying effects and that it can't be searched all discriminate the bad threads without having to eliminate them completely.

killer2 said:

It's a funny place.I always check to se what's new.

me too

I have provided some myself ;)

Does that mean I'm the only one here who though that 40ozbitch and 40ozlove thread was funny? It dissapoints me that a thread like that isn't documented :/

At least we still have the other one.

40oz said:

Does that mean I'm the only one here who though that 40ozbitch and 40ozlove thread was funny?

I knew it!

myk said:

Your question holds the answer: So that they aren't deleted.

The junk thrown there may have some value, at least as entertainment or to show people what they should not do. The fact that the forum is locked, that it has annoying effects and that it can't be searched all discriminate the bad threads without having to eliminate them completely.

It's like A Clockwork Orange. There's vomit inducing music and effects going on while you're reading bad posts, so after a while you begin to associate the two and become physically ill whenever you try to start a bad thread.

Danarchy said:

It's like A Clockwork Orange. There's vomit inducing music and effects going on while you're reading bad posts, so after a while you begin to associate the two and become physically ill whenever you try to start a bad thread.

so that's why rutabaga salad... picard felt more like communicating with primitive alien cultures.

It's like Doomworld's own hall of shame, except on fire.

Very much on fire.

With Rutabaga Salad.

Because Something Awful has something similar called the Gas Chamber, and the Doomworld forums ripped off a lot of things from SA back when they were created.

Bloodshedder said:

Because Something Awful has something similar called the Gas Chamber, and the Doomworld forums ripped off a lot of things from SA back when they were created.

didn't post hell used to be green? I remember it being green when I lurked.

Csonicgo said:

Yup. I know that and I've been here for a year or two. I THOUGHT YOU WERE A HARDCORE DOOMWORLD'ER Csonicgo!

Just kidding. inb... wait, are we not allowed to do that still?

Csonicgo said:

Yep. The green cacodemon from the default avatar list was supposed to be a post helled cacodemon. Lutarez used it.

Danarchy said:

Yep. The green cacodemon from the default avatar list was supposed to be a post helled cacodemon. Lutarez used it.

And also Darkhaven3. And now hardcore_gamer.

You mean the picture of the hot chick with horns?

More on topic, most bad threads, or bad portions of threads, do get moved to Post Hell. But in exceptional cases, where someone has just taken a dump on the forum and/or is posting the same stuff again and again and again, the decision might be taken that it is best to remove it completely.

Why not? If everything would just get deleted, it'd be awfully boring. Doomworld's forums wouldn't be the same without PH. There's a lot of funny shit there if you persist looking despite or because of the background song. (while funny, I prefer the Picard song)

Picard song, got me laid on my prom night. Troof.

Wait a second. In PH, that's actually a chick?!

Radon said:

I love PH personally, it's like an infinite trophy case full of Doomworld's trolls and idiots greatest accomplishments.

Radon said:

You should read that awesome thread that grazza linked. You'll realize just how smoking hot she is.

Xaser said:

40's question is backwards. Why are threads deleted when there's a post hell?

yeah this sounds more correct.