Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyberturtle

Mods and stuff not working in ZDoom,need help

The problem that Im having is, is that most custom wads I get don't work. The only ones I got to work were Harmony, Chex Quest 3, and Strife. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? (Oh and I have the latest ZDoom.)

All 'other' mods are not IWADs. They won't get listed in the startup menu. You have 3 choices: Use an external launcher, use the command line with the '-file' parameter or drag&drop the WAD on ZDoom.exe in Explorer.

Yeah. It'll work with any type of file -- wads, zips, single files, even directories!

See this and this for further information.

Graf Zahl said:

All 'other' mods are not IWADs. They won't get listed in the startup menu. You have 3 choices: Use an external launcher, use the command line with the '-file' parameter or drag&drop the WAD on ZDoom.exe in Explorer.

I've been trying the drag thing and it doesn't work with the few wads i have. It still brings up the menu to select one of the iwads, and I have no clue what you mean by a external launcher (mabey a diffrent thing to run wads?) or where the command line is.

cyberturtle said:

I've been trying the drag thing and it doesn't work with the few wads i have. It still brings up the menu to select one of the iwads,

THat's fully ok. Just select Doom 1 or 2, depending on what the WAD you try to load needs.

Hey thanks the NeoDoom now works! but I deleted the other wads that didnt work DX. So I'll try that out with other wads like hacx. Thanks for everything.