Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

For those with a WinNT/2000 system and want to play Strife...

here's the chance...first download my patch:

strife1ntpatch.zip

and download the soundfx emulator for your nt system

soundfx2000

if you want me to make patches for other dos games let me know.

for the patch, be sure you are not running DAP, just use the windows download manager. That server is picky....

enjoy.

I WILL NOT POST WAREZ LINKS UNLESS I WANT TO BE BANNED

Beware, Gunther, for the forum locals have a very poor outlook on "Abandonwarez." You can try to debate your point, but it'll only get you in trouble. A while back I tried passing off a lot of Apogee stuff as abandoned, including Wolf3D (which id has since made freeware, so it's all good).

Wow, fantastic.. no more playing in dos mode with no sound or mouse! Thanks!

be warned though...that soundfx 2000 is shareware...which shuts down everything in 3 min....

but I plan on buying it...since there is a lot of dos games that I miss...

*url*
all the games you need! (old ones) to 1997 (quake 2 lovers , you have to wait till someone ups it to a good ans stable server , i upped it over 50 times , and have a 2 gig upload limit , so...)

WHAT THE FUCK!!! You know warez isn't allowed here, are you fucking retarded? YES!!!!

The full version of Wolf3D is on the latest PCGamer CD, alongside the demo for RtCW. I've got it in my hand right now. It's the Feb.2002 disc; go to a magazine rack and see for yourself.

The full version of Duke Nukem 2 is on the Duke Nukem 3d disk, but I've seen it sold in stores as recently as 6 months ago...so that doesn't mean anything.

I say that whoever wants to post warez links go ahead and post them. You'll just be costing the software industry lots of money and cause the prices of games to rise. So, if you want to be dishonourable, go ahead, it will just affect you in the end!

The full version of Wolf3D is on the latest PCGamer CD, alongside the demo for RtCW. I've got it in my hand right now. It's the Feb.2002 disc; go to a magazine rack and see for yourself.

/me snatches

The full version of Duke Nukem 2 is on the Duke Nukem 3d disk, but I've seen it sold in stores as recently as 6 months ago...so that doesn't mean anything.

hehe i remembered that i played duke 1 from that cd.quite fun.however duke2 kept crashing on my pc.

hehe i remembered that i played duke 1 from that cd.quite fun.however duke2 kept crashing on my pc.

Duke 1 = gay
Duke 2 = fun
Duke 3 = good
Duke 4 = when its done, I will play

Duke 1 = gay

How dare you! That game ruled...it was probably the first game I ever beat without cheating.

Duke 1 = gay

How dare you! That game ruled...it was probably the first game I ever beat without cheating.

Heh... first game I beat without cheating... not Duck Hunt (I *love* sitting right up at the TV and firing the gun).

If that was a link to an abandonwarez site I'm not sure I would've censored it. Bah anyway, it's so easy to get any program you want free, it's not even necessary.

I like owning games on CDs. It feels like I definitely own them then. Of course, when I finally get a CD-RW things will be different... ;)

be warned though...that soundfx 2000 is shareware...which shuts down everything in 3 min....

but I plan on buying it...since there is a lot of dos games that I miss...

So get VDMSound, it is freeware, and I heard people saying positive things on it too.

Here's the link:

http://ntvdm.cjb.net

Yes, I forgot how to create links. Happy?

Hmm, did someone get Doom running with the above? It hangs for me during startup...

extract patch.exe and cli2nop.bat from the soundfx2000.zip and put them where Doom2.exe is and create a another bat file and in that new bat file type.

cli2nop -2 doom2.exe doom2nt.exe

run that new bat. you should have a new doom 2 exe.

now,right click that exe and go to memory tab and set everything to auto.

now get that VDM sound program, and when you install it, whenever you right click doom2nt.exe you should see "run with VDM sound"

click on that and there you have it....