Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Dweller

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen

Story here

Not much to it, apparently he had complications with pneumonia. Sucks that he's gone though. He played in a lot of my favorite movies.

EDIT : A better article here. it at least goes into some detail of who he was and what he did.

Scuba Steve said:

I'm sure he'd appreciate it if you didn't call him Shirley.

How would I do that? I don't even know his phone number. And my name isn't Shirley.

Technician said:

Truly a comedic genius, crippled only by his involvement in the Scary Movie franchise.

Eww. Yes.

Definitely a great actor and comedian that's going to be missed. But for me, I'll always remember him as Commander J.J. Adams in Forbidden Planet. I think it was his second film.

I'll always remember him by Naked Gun, and also this Three Stooges program that was on A&E (or maybe it was AMC) centuries ago that he hosted

Scuba Steve said:

video

Love it.

And he was a part of the Scary Movie franchise? /rollingeyesmiley. Great actor nonetheless.

Technician said:

Truly a comedic genius, crippled only by his involvement in the Scary Movie franchise.

And Spy Hard.
And Wrongfully Accused.
And pretty much everything he did after Naked Gun 3.

I got to meet him in 2008 at a local comic convention. He was a really nice guy. Such a shame he died.

Technician said:

I wouldn't say that. I found his character there to be quite hilarious. Out of all the comdeies I've seen with him (Airplane!, Naked Gun 1 and 2, Scary Movie 3 and 4, Superhero Movie) they were all hilarious.

R.I.P. I always enjoyed his movies. Even if he was in some crummy movies I still always laughed at them. Truly a good comedian.

Mr. Freeze said:

And Spy Hard.
And Wrongfully Accused.
And pretty much everything he did after Naked Gun 3.

I actually liked those movies, as well as Dracula: Dead and Loving It.

And Scary Movie 3 was worth watching for "I found their weakness - they're powerless without their heads" and the part where the guy cocks the shovel. Those might have been from the alternate ending, though.

He will always be remembered from Airplane and the Naked Gun Movies...oh and Forbidden Planet which happens to be one of my favorite science fiction movies from the 50s.

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen

RIP.

Gonna throw out a nod to his villainous performance in Creepshow as well, even though not the kind of role he is known for, he was convincingly evil in that movie.

Vile said:

RIP.

Gonna throw out a nod to his villainous performance in Creepshow as well, even though not the kind of role he is known for, he was convincingly evil in that movie.

Jesus, I'll never forget his role in Creepshow. Terrifying, yet with a slightly humorous undertown, especially with his final lines in the movie "OH I CAN HOLD MY BREATH FOR A LONG LOOONG TIIIIIME"

"Would you like to come up for a night cap?" "No thank you.. I don't wear them."