Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Wadspy only 32 bit??

hey all, I just tried using the utility "wadspy", but apparently it doesn't work in 64 bit systems. Could someone make a patch so it does work in 64 bit? This tool looks really cool and I'd love to be able to use it.

schwerpunk wrote in PM:
A fellow came around asking about Wadspy on Windows 7. I located your post in this thread where you seemed to have had found a working alternative. Unfortunately, the link you provided is now broken.

Would you mind coming 'round to the new thread and sharing what you found again? [:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/wadspy.zip
Since it's not "warez", you'd probably got it faster if you just posted in the thread ;)

Hi. I'm the guy who did wadspy ages ago.

Yes, it is indeed 32bit only (64 bit systems weren't much of an issue back in 2000). I'll fix it up and upload a new version soon-ish.

However, I don't use Windows anymore and so cannot produce a Windows executable. Is there someone that I can send the fixed version to so that I can upload a package that runs out-of-the-box?

Thanks!

antares said:

Hi. I'm the guy who did wadspy ages ago.

Yes, it is indeed 32bit only (64 bit systems weren't much of an issue back in 2000).

That's not the problem; the problem is that it's, as far as I can tell, a DOS executable, which is not supported on 64-bit Windows. 32-bit Windows executables will run on 64-bit Windows for years to come, so 64-bit Windows executable isn't needed much.

antares said:

I'll fix it up and upload a new version soon-ish.

However, I don't use Windows anymore and so cannot produce a Windows executable. Is there someone that I can send the fixed version to so that I can upload a package that runs out-of-the-box?

Yes, installing MinGW from source is a PITA. I tried and abandoned it. But maybe someone packaged it for your OS.
I think you should upload a source package and wait before someone compiles it.

tempun said:

That's not the problem; the problem is that it's, as far as I can tell, a DOS executable, which is not supported on 64-bit Windows.

That's the problem on Windows, yes. But it didn't run on 64bit Linux either.

I think you should upload a source package and wait before someone compiles it.

I asked a friend to try to compile it with VisualStudio for C++, maybe that works. Otherwise I'll upload the source only.

printz said:

What is Wadspy?

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11925
It's a little tool that tries to guesstimate a level's difficulty.

I just uploaded a 64bit compatible version to /incoming, including a 32bit Windows executable.

antares said:

I just uploaded a 64bit compatible version to /incoming, including a 32bit Windows executable.

On which ftp? Can't find it.