Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mathey bu

baron of hell high definition, still working...

The ideia to do the HD monsters is great! But can take a long time...

but I am enjoying doing some sprites and that brings perfection. Well, the ideia is not only apply filters, but do with tools that can "mix" pixels!

i am doing the best way that brings perfection and only take 2 hours to do...

But think! one frame each day, 2 months I can finish maybe. I am not alone in this project, if someone is interesting: http://thedoomuniverse.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=164&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

well, these are some frames that i have did:

His hand is not finished yet... I need to learn how to do it in that angle.

killer2 said:

I think you are wasting your time

Doing any kind of art is never a waste of time its practice.

Captain Toenail said:

Yeah, it's not really HD though. It's just bigger and blurrier. :/

... hahahahahahahaahaha.....!! are you blind??? see the pictures below!

killer2 said:

I think you are wasting your time...they will never be better than the originals anyway...

are you sure?

Malinku said:

Doing any kind of art is never a waste of time its practice.

thank you!

are you sure?

Just looking at the two images (original vs yours), yeah, I definitely like the original better. Yours looks too smooth overall, less muscular (i.e. left shoulder), the original is much sharper and more menacing (skull, teeth, horns). Also some of the proportions on yours look completely off (torso).

i really don't think so...

but opinion is opinion... BTW some members of this project will help me to add more details.

hmm... so about opinions:

i have did many styles, here is the:

blurred smooth:

paint:

blurred smooth 2:

but i didn't like them so much

Guest DILDOMASTER666

These look an awful lot like all those other "high quality" sprites that are really just the IWAD sprites run through 3 or 4 Photoshop filters

Guest DILDOMASTER666

EDIT:

I might have misinterpreted the referenced post when I said:

Would you mind telling the rest of the class why you specified which filters you used for each sprite in your second-to-most-recent post, then?

Still, come on.

dontbotherwithmyname said:

doesn't skulltag/gzdoom reproduce this effect?

Doomsday's filters seem nicer to me, but I honestly don't know.

Even though I dont like stuff like this, I`m with mathey on this one. You can clearly see its not just some filters. This is done by hand.

edit: if its "better" than other existing stuff, useful, whatnot, I have no opinion on

Filters are still involved, no matter how much hand touch-up editing is done. You can clearly see the filter influence on the skin around the hooves.

i dont use any filter to do one of that frames. filters doesnt do nothing good... I only resize and smudge the picture!

Your resize method doesn't look interesting. GZDoom has several HQ filters that do almost the exact same thing. Well, the pixels get smudged in a slightly different way, but I would rather use an HQ filter instead of loading a 500megabyte file every time just for the same effect.

If you want to make a low resolution sprite into HD, it requires a lot more work and actual drawing/redrawing instead of just smudging pixels.

Take a look at this:

Here you can see a low resolution sprite made into HD. See all the added details? This is how you do it.

So please stop smudging and start some drawing if you wanna make the sprites look awesome.

mathey bu said:

i really don't think so...

but opinion is opinion... BTW some members of this project will help me to add more details.

hmm... so about opinions:

i have did many styles, here is the:

blurred smooth:

(image)

paint:

(image)

blurred smooth 2:

(image)

but i didn't like them so much

To be honest, they still look better than what you did, especially the second one. Trust me, you won't find many people who'd get excited about this kind of work. It has been done countless times with no good results.

Graf Zahl said:

To be honest, they still look better than what you did, especially the second one. Trust me, you won't find many people who'd get excited about this kind of work. It has been done countless times with no good results.

of course it is! beacuse it takes a long time to do only one frame...

and stay calm i will add more details soon! like blohax style!

and do:

* veins
* intense musculature
* muscular definition
* include more brightness and shadows

those sprites are only the beginning!

BlueEagle said:

Your resize method doesn't look interesting. GZDoom has several HQ filters that do almost the exact same thing. Well, the pixels get smudged in a slightly different way, but I would rather use an HQ filter instead of loading a 500megabyte file every time just for the same effect.

If you want to make a low resolution sprite into HD, it requires a lot more work and actual drawing/redrawing instead of just smudging pixels.

Take a look at this:

Here you can see a low resolution sprite made into HD. See all the added details? This is how you do it.

So please stop smudging and start some drawing if you wanna make the sprites look awesome.

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah... ha hahahahaha...
this is very very bad and i prefer the original image! this low hd is terrible...

to do a low hd sprite is 1000x easyer than do a high resolution sprite!

killer2 said:

About not being better than the originals?Why yes,I am very sure.

that's why you need to use glasses ** just kidding...

i am only doing more resolution to keep the quality of the small sprite the same as big! to show not the image pixeled.

i have alredy thinked about do a 3d model! but i don't know how to do it... I can do the texure! but model is so difficult to me

and i hate the high quality filter... it's more than blurred it's over blurred...