Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

Unloved II [BETA1 released]

Is he close to finishing the Panda Game yet?

I would be interested in trying that game out.

Please let this be released! Unloved is so good! Also, you said that if the people didn't like the first one, that this one won't pleasure them either. Are there really those among us capable of 'not' liking Unloved? :)

VylePhinder,

Yes, yes there is indeed.

I have high hopes for Unloved 2, and I do think Paul will be finishing it, its just not on the top of the to-do list so to speak.

Once again, this wad is better than 90% of what's out there. The mood and the feel is, once again, creepy and amazing. I can't stress enough how glad I am that you continued the Unloved series, however, that having been said, I would like to offer my subtle criticism thus far (by thus far, I mean that I am about half way through, or a little over, if the length of the first Unloved, or the fact that I have the first 4 keys is any indication). Yes, I know I should finish the game all the way first, but I can't because I am stuck with the red skull key (shortly after you use it to raise to red skull pillars blocking a basement somewhere).

1. The level diversity doesn't seem quite as good as in the first one. Only the city level really added to the level diversity here (so far).

2. It is a little more 'switch-hunty' than before, which, to my knowledge is something no one is a fan of, but then again, I usually prefer more linear maps anyway, so take that however you want. Again, though, it's not that bad, and I don't think that 'switch-hunty' is (apart from obviously being grammatically flawed) the right expression here. I think I just get lost because a lot of the levels look alike to me.

3. I was under the impression that using music produced by bands is a bad idea, like your use of NIN's Closer in one of your tracks. The music theme from the first game was perfect, and the city level music in this one is the best I've heard so far in this game. The use of NIN here isn't like drilled over and over again or anything, but really takes from the feel of creepiness when/where it is applied.

Trust me, I am not complaining and I have enjoyed this so far. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be finishing this one (sad face), because, I just HATE being stuck, and going on a switch hunt in a 6-level hub (I'm sure that number is wrong) just makes me want to do something else instead.

If I were giving this a review, which I'm not, cause I want to wait until I beat it (or not do it at all if I never do), I would give it 5/5 for sure.

**************UPDATE & Very Slight Spoiler Alert*********************
I just remembered something that might help indicate where I am stuck (since I don't know any of the level names), just in case some good doom citizen cares to help out a fellow doomer :).

The part I am stuck at is the same area that you hear a revenant cry, then see he's not there, think "oh, like in the first game, just my imagination", then he appears behind you, and you subsequently mess your pants. Nice effect, btw :) (The Revenant, not the pants-pooping) x D

If you read the first post, BlueEagle states that it ends after the red skull key. Remember that this is only a BETA version of Unloved II...

Oh, LOL, I suck. But is it supposed to "End" or are you just not able to go anywhere? Either way, I'm glad he released the Beta. I needed me some Unloved in my bloodstream...

Thanks for that, and sry, I thought the beta meant that it was finished but up for testing. Anyway, that makes sense.

I got to a staircase with a door at the top that wouldn't open. Searched all over and pressed every wall I could think of, before saying "fuck it" and noclipping through it and getting killed by a baron...

I like the design alot, it looks really nice and I hope to see more like this. If I have any critisism its what I mentioned before. Don't make me have to search every wall in the map to progress. I rather have the map be linear and tell a good story, than confusing me.

Think blueeagle is still working on his own game and had lost interest in this as well so dont expect it to be finished anytime soon if ever.

It's too bad that there hasn't been any new word on this project. I was really looking forward to playing through another Unloved masterpiece.

PhantomTMac said:

It's too bad that there hasn't been any new word on this project. I was really looking forward to playing through another Unloved masterpiece.

Totally necessary bump.

Oh well, first screenshots I've seen on this project. Great looking stuff. One bears a heavy resemblance to a mental image of my own project.

The author's website suggests that his main focus remains on marketing his commercial Panda Adventure game, although there's still a tiny statbar there that continues to list Unloved II as "on hold." So, if work on it ever does resume (seems less and less likely as time goes on, but one never knows), that'll probably be where the evidence shows up first, assuming there have been no new posts by the author in this thread (or the ZDoom equivalent that it probably has).

Suffice to say, if it happens, it'll probably be when you least expect it.

Wow! I can't help but bump this, because I am completely shocked how demotivational some of the people in this thread are.

What is the point of most of that garbage?

@BlueEagle is totally right. There is a huge difference between hate boners and constructive criticism. 

These screenshots look amazing. I really wanna play the beta, but I'm still crossing my fingers that this will come out someday.

I would heckin' love for it to get released one day, but since mr. @BlueEagle started doin that thing with that weird standalone version of unloved, I don't exactly have high hopes. :(

6 hours ago, everennui said:

Wow! I can't help but bump this, because I am completely shocked how demotivational some of the people in this thread are.

To bump for no reason this thread because the author went nuts for no reason makes sense... probably.

Check this video for some answers...jump to 6:30

Also, I already played the beta...even made a playthrough and uploaded it to YT 

4 hours ago, gaspe said:

To bump for no reason this thread because the author went nuts for no reason makes sense... probably.

Actually, he's busy working on other projects.

I bumped it because I felt compelled to do so after seeing some of the negativity from people in the thread. I stayed on topic and added to the discussion.

I don't feel like you've done the same with your comment. 

What I wanted to say is that it's so comical that you really feel the need to post your outrage for all the negativity! (just a handful of comments in 6 pages) in this thread :)

I would've really liked to have seen this continued as I'm a huge fan of the original, but I somehow doubt it will come around now. Shame, to see it announced on ZDoom forums in early 2011 was almost like yesterday, the excitement for me was real.

HELLO! I am a big fan of your Wad "Unloved". I had so much fun and creepy scary moments with it. I simply love the environment, soundtracks, monsters, etc... it is not only a "go and kill", it is deeper, it hits right in your heart, the end got me like "wow, shit" and I simly let the game there and I was looking at the screen like an idiot, cause Unloved took away my feelings with it. The only criticism I make is the gameplay is a bit unfair at some points but the rest is perfect. The change of areas when you press a switch or a mirror is really original and made it special. Your mapping skills are powerful and I admire that a lot. I cant wait for Unloved II. Thanks for this creation

And btw, Unloved is not Unloved anymore... 

-V

Sorry to disappoint you but BlueEagle hasn't been on these forums since 2016 and Unloved II was left in beta and will not be finished. He rebooted Unloved into a standalone game on Steam but it's just a cooperative oriented procedural generated horror FPS with the name Unloved slapped on it.

9 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Sorry to disappoint you but BlueEagle hasn't been on these forums since 2016 and Unloved II was left in beta and will not be finished. He rebooted Unloved into a standalone game on Steam but it's just a cooperative oriented procedural generated horror FPS with the name Unloved slapped on it.

Well, shit. Still a fan

I dont use this forum so I couldnt know... 

I own the standalone game on steam tho