Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

Unloved II [BETA1 released]

buttspit said:

I haven't heard from him in sooo long. I hope he didn't Asalieri on us.

He's already discussed on his let's play that he's taken a hiatus from it. I believe he said something along the lines of "he didn't like how some things turned out through production". I could be wrong

Hm, the way I remember it from one of his vids on youtube, he felt that the project didn´t seem to generate much interest. I hope he will continue eventually, after playing through Unloved I couldn´t resist and played through the beta of Unloved 2 also, and liked it even better.

I really hope he continues with this project. Its sequel has a lot of potential, and seemed so close to completion. It even improved on some elements of the original, which is something that doesn't happen that often in sequels.

Just checking out the board and this thread somehow seemed familiar :)

Thanks for your support, guys. I know that a lot of people enjoyed playing Unloved and I'm doing my best to deliver something enjoyable again with Unloved2. And if you didn't enjoy Unloved then thx for your opinion but plz go elsewhere and don't expect something completely different this time. If you hated Unloved, you will hate Unloved2 and maybe that's a good thing for me ;)

I'm not abandoning this project. I'm just not 'feeling it' right now. But don't worry. I know me. I love Doom, zombie and horror movies and all that good and gory stuff that could destroy a little children's mind. But right now I'm knee-deep in production of something completely different and I don't have much free time for something else.

But as you might have noticed, production of Unloved2 is pretty far. When I come back to this project, it won't take too long until it's finished. But I only want to work on this when I'm really in the mood. I want you to get the best / worst my mind can come up with. Mediocrity is not an option.

[critics] plz go elsewhere

No doubt a fitting reaction for a man confident in the quality of his work.

Not sure if I get what you mean, but what I was trying to say is:

I've heard your wine, but I don't care and now move along quietly and let me do my thing kthxbye

Don't worry, I got your point the first time around, and I'd be a liar if I pretended you not getting mine was completely unexpected.

Everyone has an opinion. And I'm not here to please everyone. If you want some deep and meaningful relationship where someone listens to everything you have to say, go get yourself a girlfriend.

Haha actually I'm quite happy that English is not my first language, because you're obviously just trying to piss me off but I don't even get what you're talking about. But my shit-sense is tingling so this is my last response to you ;)

Have a good day ^^

Pot, kettle...

There is no riddle there, that is, for anyone who isn't blinded by an ego as big as Deus Vult map05.

The act of pressing onward and continuing to make something you think is great despite a few naysayers is often an admirable pursuit, but your (BlueEagle's) attitude behind it makes me want to punch you in the face. With a cactus.

Despite me saying I won't response again, maybe I should clarify my point of view so there's no misunderstanding.

This isn't about my ego or attitude. It's simply about knowing what kind of criticism is of benefit to you and what isn't.

If someone comes to me and says my stuff is shit, gameplay sucks and I should go die in a fire - there is obviously no good way for me to satisfy this person in a reasonable amount of time. I think we all agree on this. This person is obviously frustrated because the levels or whatever I made wasn't as he would have liked and he wants to vent his anger in some way. I don't have a problem with that. I'm getting frustrated with stuff from time to time as well and I rage about shitty design of levels all the time in my videos.

That doesn't mean I'm Mr.Perfect. It's just a matter of opinion. In my opinion, my own level design is somewhat intelligent, because I've thought about it for a long time. If others don't agree, that's totally fine! Some people pointed out some very interesting flaws in my Unloved 1 hub level design and I agreed! In Unloved 2 I'm trying to make the level design better and less confusing. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes.

But there is a difference between giving honest feedback and trying to help the creator and just being a dick.

Everyone can deal with feedback however they want and my personal choice is just to ignore those people who don't care enough to give some detailed feedback about what exactly they didn't like. I don't see how a letter filled with insults is of any use to me. So I ignore it.

I will give you this: it takes some cojones to attempt to prove your selfless nature by going on an expletive-filled rant, right after you said you were out, and all because of a comment that wasn't even directed at you.

You hurt my feelings and you're a bad man. You should get laid instead of being mean to me.

It is good to see you are still checking in. I'm interested in seeing where this goes someday. But I totally understand what it is like to need long breaks. I take them all the time. My project would die if I didn't. Also, don't pay any mind to critics. Who cares if the entire world hates it as long as you enjoyed making it. I mean, you're not getting payed for this. Am I right?... my biggest problem is probably my lack of care about what anyone wants. I've even stopped posting screenshots because I realized that I didn't care what people thought lol.

And don't pay any mind to Phml. He is just messing with you with his superior english skills. I can tell his skills are even more superior than mine because even though english is my only language i still don't understand what he is trying to tell you.

I'd pick a screenshot from the OP and slap "LEVEL DESIGN, somewhat intelligent" all demotivational like but the Internet as a whole has established that stuff was lame back in 1998.

Phml said:

I'd pick a screenshot from the OP and slap "LEVEL DESIGN, somewhat intelligent" all demotivational like but the Internet as a whole has established that stuff was lame back in 1998.

This for example is funny even if you are the brunt of the joke. But you wouldn't know it if english was not your first language. It even sometimes escapes people who's first language is english so don't feel bad.

PHML is just mad that he doesn't enjoy Blues levels.
I tell you what bud, since your so bust taking out your rage in semi sophisticated rants, maybe ill make you a level that you can play over and over, since you don't like much differentiation, it will be easy? lol

Wait, how the hell did this whole flame war start in the first place?

Language hurdles. There has been some complicated writing going on... so complicated that i'm not 100% sure that that is all it was.

Wow, okay guys, just what in the hell is going on in this thread? I would yell at someone but I can't even determine what's happening.

esselfortium said:

Wow, okay guys, just what in the hell is going on in this thread? I would yell at someone but I can't even determine what's happening.

What started as a WAD development/support thread quickly developed into a nasty yet trivial argument. I'm just as surprised and confused as you are, actually.

In the end, both Unloved WADs are just free games meant for enjoyment.

PHML is just mad that he doesn't enjoy Blues levels.

With that bold deduction, you got me. The secret is out. I am shaking with rage knowing I will only get to play 136 new wads this year rather than 137. Grr! Here's a semi-sophisticated rant consisting of a whole two or three sentences and words with sometimes over four letters. Also, I eat babies and listen to rock'n'roll music, two activities making me unfit to have an opinion on Doom wads.

It dident, and I have been talking to Blue Eagle via YouTube. He was told me that he is currently working on a video game that he is going to be selling for money.

He feels that he will most likely be done with the game by this fall. So maybe he will have time in winter to finish U2 and then possibly release it in mid fall sometime...possibly. This all depends on how things go with the games release, and how it will be released.

In the meantime, maybe replay U1 with some mods?

Godsdoomer said:

It dident, and I have been talking to Blue Eagle via YouTube. He was told me that he is currently working on a video game that he is going to be selling for money.

He feels that he will most likely be done with the game by this fall. So maybe he will have time in winter to finish U2 and then possibly release it in mid fall sometime...possibly. This all depends on how things go with the games release, and how it will be released.

In the meantime, maybe replay U1 with some mods?

That sounds interesting...what kind of game is he making?

Go to youtube at search "Super Panda Adventures".

It seems like a dynamic side scrolling game with rpg elements. I know for certain that I havent seen anything quite like it before.