Find results in...
EPRdoommarine

DOOM renaissance themed mod

Good wad idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Good wad idea?

• Yes (sounds great)
    • No (sounds retarded)

I have begun work on a doom mod based on a renaissance themed mod, so far I only have a few ideas, a few half finished musket sprites and the hexen 2 textures wad.

Basically after the monarch dies, their son, who is obviously unfit for the job is to become king, you and many other redcoats are against him becoming king. After a series of executions of witches, the prince goes missing, you are the prime suspect, and are imprisoned, and are to be executed. But as more and more people are accused of witchcraft, and more people go missing, the royal court gets more and more worried and tales of monsters echo through night. On the day you are to be executed, no one comes, you remain in your cell for three more days until, with no more food or water, you manage to break out your cell, you pick up a sword from a dead guard and prepare to face what ever lies in the castle.

Ok I plan to use the following monsters:Imp, Demon, LS, Spec, cacodemon, BOH, Hell Knight, Revenant, A-Vile, PE.

I plan to add: Zombie swordsman, zombie musketeer, zombie bowman,
Lich-a monster who, after being killed, spawns a skeleton and then a ghost, incubus, a huge attack-less monster whos spawns smaller monsters, centaur, reaper a monster who is a spectare-like cloud until it attacks when it turns into a lost soul-ish monster that does huge damage but dies after it's attacked, Stalker, a monster which is completely invisible until it attacks and then turns invisible again, and The Hells monarch, a highly powerful black baron of hell with wings.

I plan to add the following weapons:
Slot 1
Sword - basic combat weapon
Battle axe - a close combat weapon that does splash damage near the player, damaging all enemies close to the player.
Slot 2
Slingshot - pistol-like weapon, slower loading but more damage
Slot 3
Long bow - fires a single projectile that does similar damge to shotgun shell
Cross bow - fires three arrows, all of which are slightly stronger than a longbow arrow
Slot 4
Sling - fires slingshot strength projectiles at a slightly higher rate than a pistol
Repeater Bow - fires arrows at a very fast rate, comparable to the plasma gun
slot 5
cannon - slow loading rocket launcher but does more damage.
Slot 6
musket - fires a railgun-like blast that pierces multiple enemies
Slot 7
Staff of light - a staff which does bfg damage to all enemies on screen, no projectile.

So people what do you think?

Will the musket have a two-minute reload time and terrible accuracy beyond 70 meters or so? If so you may have something here

Actually no, I have never played any of the assassins creed games myself, this idea is original.

Now, I personally want to try and create a horror theme, so not loads of enemies, just well placed.

BUT

I'm using ms paint for sprite drawing and, whilst i can create some nice sprites (for paint that is), they look a little pastel, any ideas on how to make weapons look more sinister.

And whilst i'm typing, are you the same scuba steve who wrote the aom settelers guide, and weapon sprite guide, if so, nice tutorials.

http://img339.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=musketsprite.png

Got any advice? and my main PC keyboard is bust so can someone do a colour remap.

I suggest you to release first the weapons as they could work for themselves as a mod.
I once made a little mod using the bayonet/rifle from the DOOM alphas, it was quite fun for tlms.

This sounds amazing! I'm working on a set of maps intended for stealth play, I'm probably gonna use a discontinued dishonored gameplay mod for doom, but seeing as it definitely isn't going to take place in a futuristic world, I'm in need of something like this. Of course this thread is from 2010, was this project ever released?

1 hour ago, Creativefraise said:

This sounds amazing! I'm working on a set of maps intended for stealth play, I'm probably gonna use a discontinued dishonored gameplay mod for doom, but seeing as it definitely isn't going to take place in a futuristic world, I'm in need of something like this. Of course this thread is from 2010, was this project ever released?

1 hour ago, Creativefraise said:

Or if it's still in development? Which I highly doubt.

I think it wasn't, people would be hear about that. And why you resurrected this old 7-8 years old thread?