Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Epic 2 demos [-complevel 2]

lol wow sick accomplishment getting this done. I'm glad I could motivate you. Anything under 2hours should be good, cant wait to see this.

Quite the aggressive line at the end of map 15 and 31. I would have took the monsters on and then the cybers separately, plenty of cells.

Now for episode 3 and the d2all :-)

Alright, second exit and improved it by about 4 minutes. Should have been five but had to search for a missed monster in map19. If you watched the first demo then there's nothing really new here. Better execution in general but a few more close calls compared to the first exit.

Also thanks for the comments Spartacus. I like the more aggressive strats in 15 and 31 and they're not that unreliable really. Ironically I used these "safer" tactics in this new demo but I felt I was forced to; in 15 the Cyber was in a dangerous spot and my health wasn't great, and in 31 I just fucked up pretty nicely and needed the MS before releasing the Cybers.

Episode 2 UV-Max in 97:56

e2e2-9756.zip

Haha I've been watching your 101:47 for the past day or so, since I sometimes don't feel like watching such a long demo in one or two sittings. I got to roughly the halfway point. Now I don't know what to do. :D

I considered this awhile ago but it doesn't seem right unless I beat Tatsurd's 11:43 UV-Fast. UV-max should always be faster...

I'm sure Vienen didn't bother because a large part of it is Luck hoping the cyber will fire at you instead of teleporting around like an asshole lol

Edited by PjSpartacus

Pretty much yeah. I think I tried it a bit but deemed it not fun enough, likely thanks to the teleporting Cyber that is really dumb from a speedrunning pov. On -fast he's probably much less of a pain in the ass.

On the topic of UV-max vs UV-fast, I too have the same mindset that my max time < Tatsurd's -fast time, else it's not good enough. I realize that it's an extremely stupid principle to have in general since there are cases where -fast can be quicker than regular speed maxing (e.g. infight-oriented maps). I actually have an unpublished map27 max for this wad from last December which is considerably faster than the current max record by EvoCalvin but is short of Tatsurd's UV-fast time by some margin. I'm pretty sure -fast makes the Rev curve area a lot quicker due to the Cybers being so much more efficient, so it's unlikely that I'm even capable of surpassing Tatsurd's time. Yet I refuse to accept defeat...

3 hours ago, Veinen said:

Map27 max in 8:32

from 2016

e227-832.zip

wow.

did you intend to improve it or why have you hoarded this for 4 years? :o

just curious

I was supposed to improve it, more specifically the way I handle the Rev circle area at the end.