Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iHaveToPee

How can I tag a lindef in hexen format?

Recommended Posts

Hey,
I learned some hexen format's things such as bridges, slopes, deep water etc and my problem is with the most basic thing (i guess).
I don't manage to tag a lindef and it causes most of the action to be useless.
I tried to check in the lindef's properties a place where I can tag it but I didn't find anything.
Anyone knows how to tag a lindef in zdoom- doom in hexen format?

Share this post


Link to post
iHaveToPee said:

Hey,
I learned some hexen format's things such as bridges, slopes, deep water etc and my problem is with the most basic thing (i guess).
I don't manage to tag a lindef and it causes most of the action to be useless.
I tried to check in the lindef's properties a place where I can tag it but I didn't find anything.
Anyone knows how to tag a lindef in zdoom- doom in hexen format?

For most specials, what was the tag in DOOM becomes the first argument to the line's special - that is args[0], or Arg 1 in some editors' terminologies.

For tagging actions that need to apply to lines rather than sectors, something else entirely is used - the Line ID. And in Hexen format, that has to be set using a special, Line_SetIdentification (in UDMF format, you can specify this directly on the line itself instead).

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone?
I really need help, my project is stuck thanks to lack of basics in hexen format and I still don't find a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
iHaveToPee said:

Anyone?

There is nothing more to say that Quasar hasn't already covered. So if that did not help you, I can see only two possibilities:
- Either you didn't understand a simple and concise explanation;
- Or you're being confused about the lingo and using terms like "tag" and "lindef" [sic] incorrectly, so you're not asking the question that you actually need answered.

In both cases, there is no way to help you further.

Kappes Buur said:

I assume, that you are using ZDoom.

Whether he's using ZDoom, GZDoom, Skulltag or Vavoom, he ought to move on to UDMF anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Quasar said:

For most specials, what was the tag in DOOM becomes the first argument to the line's special - that is args[0], or Arg 1 in some editors' terminologies.

For tagging actions that need to apply to lines rather than sectors, something else entirely is used - the Line ID. And in Hexen format, that has to be set using a special, Line_SetIdentification (in UDMF format, you can specify this directly on the line itself instead).


Related question.

If I want to set a linedef to execute a script upon pressing use, this obviously takes away the possibility to use setLineIdentigication action as well. When the Script Execute action is being selected, all the selectables I get with the linedef action are Script arguments 1-3.

Is it so that I cannot have a linedef have a identification number and act as a script execute switch at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Herska said:

Is it so that I cannot have a linedef have a identification number and act as a script execute switch at the same time?

Of course you can. But you need to use another script for that; a setup script (use OPEN keyword instead of (void)). The trick is that your line does not need to stay type 121 after level setup, does it? Of course not. So you can use this to change its special into ACS_Execute. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×