Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Creaphis

Help me with Demo Replay Editor

I'm trying to learn to perform "guideless" gap glides, and to help with that I'm trying to analyze demos that successfully pull them off. To that end, I've tried out a couple different versions of Doom Replay Editor. The version available on the Doomworld utilities page worked fine for me (once I supplied the missing SDL drivers from a new PrBoom+ install) but doesn't display the player's current coordinates on each tic, which is information that I need. The version available for download from the Doomed SDA crashed for me at first, but I was able to fix that by replacing its SDL drivers with newer versions. However, it's still only half-working. Once I've loaded a demo with its quaint text command system, the larger "prboom" window is still just a black screen, and the editing window provides no information aside from the tic list - it's just a bunch of grayed-out boxes. Help?

Heh, I really should write a tutorial one of these days. The interface isn't exactly intuitive...

i = Next tic
d = Previous tic
f##(space) = Forward ## tics
b##(space) = Backward ## tics

Okay, I read the readme (or else I wouldn't have even known how to load a demo) but I assumed that clicking on tics on the list would have the same effect as manually navigating to them with the keyboard inputs. Apparently not; the game window only updates when moving to another tic with key commands - how amusingly arcane. Anyways, thanks for the help!