Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Kinect Hacks

Kinect doesn't seem like anything to get excited about in terms of a game controller. Yet hackers have done some pretty neat things with it:

Somewhat Doom related:

3D capture with multiple Kinects:

That wavy squirming hollow shadow effect he gets in the first two vids is pretty cool, actually. Would be nice to replicate it in a video game special effect for an undead aura or something.

Reminds me of the famous "9 Fingers" Amiga demo's rotoscoped video. But now kinda "for the masses".

The Doom 3 miniature Hell Knight 3d model was neat. Makes me wish they were real and I could use it to guard my computer :P

Ive just replaced my Xbox and it came with a Kinect device. None of the kinect games interest me, but the hackable aspect intrigues me

That is pretty damned cool. Just imagine how well that could work when it's fine tuned enough to possibly remove that black shadowing and some of that screen distortion, and even being able to see/map the entirety of the object in the screen. Even if it's bottlenecked at 640x480 resolution (according to the information on that guy's website), that's a great use of the tech.