Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Overpowered Weapons Mod(s)

What are some good overpowered weapons mods? I saw a pretty cool looking one titled "Russian Overkill" on youtube, but the author never released it because he borrowed resources (though he later released two or three of the individual weapons on realm667 I think).

The obvious answer is Xaser's 0verpw_x.wad, which was created solely for use on Torment & Torture Lost Episode, which he found was too hard even with p0wer_x.wad.

sv_fastweapons 1 or 2, sv_infiniteammo 1 is enough for me.

(Warning: using the BFG with this can cause seizure! :p)

Gez said:

sv_fastweapons 1 or 2, sv_infiniteammo 1 is enough for me.

But you can't use either of those on Nightmare, and it just feels more like cheating. :P

Plus, you can always combine an overpowered weapons mod with fast weapons for double awesome.

If you can find it, try max_power.wad. I used to have it a few years ago and used to blast through nuts3 with it, but I don't recall if I got it from the /idgames server or if someone posted it online somewhere. In anycase it's a pretty good one if you are looking for ridiculously powerful weapons

Kirby said:

I just got home for the holidays and managed to find it on my HD. Still not sure who the author is, but try giving this a whack.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASOV080R

Pretty nice, this one is probably the most overpowered, except it makes Cyberdemons and Mancubi almost impossible because of the power of the rockets and Mancubi (flame?).

bgraybr said:

What are some good overpowered weapons mods? I saw a pretty cool looking one titled "Russian Overkill" on youtube, but the author never released it because he borrowed resources (though he later released two or three of the individual weapons on realm667 I think).

I thought he DID release it.

Otherwise I dunno how I ended up with it.

Impie said:

first post said:

Dec 7 2010 04:54

Well, probably that's the problem, lol

Obviously, he did release it, but sometime after Dec 14, 2010, the date this thread was bumped from.

I guess that means that it is too late to mention a little mod I made last year for Zandronum (and by extension (G)ZDoom) called OPWeapons, so I won't.

BTW, lelweps is pretty over-the-top, too. I made an add-on, lelweps no crash that gives the player only the weapons that won't crash a server.

Impie said:

It's available, I just grabbed a copy of v2.4 from the mod's project thread on the ZDoom forums.

Empyre said:

Obviously, he did release it, but sometime after Dec 14, 2010, the date this thread was bumped from.

I guess that means that it is too late to mention a little mod I made last year for Zandronum (and by extension (G)ZDoom) called OPWeapons, so I won't.

BTW, lelweps is pretty over-the-top, too. I made an add-on, lelweps no crash that gives the player only the weapons that won't crash a server.

Honestly, I only bumped that thread because I'm myself curious about "OP" weapons. Not necessarily OP, but very powerful and very original and interesting ones. I added this post after playing on your server with magicka mod. :D

I still wish you'd keep that server with magicka mod for good, though.

MaxRideWizardLord said:

There are some quite nice mods like BoomDoom and Magicka doom that have some interesting OP weapons.

I hope bgraybr was able to move on and hasn't still been hunting aimlessly for a weapons mod since 2010...

esselfortium said:

I hope bgraybr was able to move on and hasn't still been hunting aimlessly for a weapons mod since 2010...

Well, in all honesty, I'm myself curious about interesting "overpowered" weapons. I didn't really wanted to create an exactly the same thread, but I guess I should do sometime too. Still wanted to share with this guy just like the rest of people some interesting old-school mods.