Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

SLADE3 missing .dll problem

So I tried to run SLADE3 after downloading it from slade.mancubus.net, and it gave me a "missing MSVCP100.dll" error message. I downloaded that .dll file, put it in Windows/System32, restarted SLADE3 which this time gave me a "missing MSVCR100.dll" error message. I downloaded that other .dll file, put it in Windows/System32, and now it tells me... Well, I'm not sure how to translate it as my Windows isn't in english, but the error message is roughly like "Couldn't find entry point for procedure _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn in library MSVCR100.dll".

Which is more or less the point where I went "buuuuaaaaahhhh?..." and decided to post here for advice. Any help would be much appreciated.

Heh, fair enough, I should have scrolled all the way down to the bottom. I think I actually did but "extra files" doesn't exactly have the same punch as "troubleshooting" for me, so I overlooked it.

Wiki is unreadable for me though, there's some kind of visual noise in the background, like a dead TV.

I got a question about Slade 3. When I add all the patches to the P_NAMES and Texture1, What would I add the Flats to? Do I make a F_NAMES or somthing.? Im still new to mapping.

I tried to delete this post, so I can post it where it goes, It wont let me delete it though. sorry.

There's no need to bother with something like PNAMES (btw: not P_NAMES) for flats. What you need to do is simply put them in between an FF_START marker and an F_END marker. This is the "most compatible" method. (Some ports may allow you FF_START/FF_END or F_START/F_END, but that's not a guarantee. FF_START/F_END will work with everything, even the original program.)

The flats need to be in the "Graphic (Flat)" format of course (though again, some ports may allow more image formats).

It should be noted that you need to install the x86 package of MSVC++ 2010. I had this problem before with SLADE3 on my current 64-bit Windows 7. I installed the x64 version of the package and Slade3 or any other applications using MSVC++ 2010 didn't work. Oddly when I installed the x86 package they began to work.

So if anything, someone should edit the installation part on the wiki and note that YOU NEED to install the 32-bit version of the package even if you're on the 64-bit Windows OS.

It's not odd. Slade executables provided are 32-bit (because otherwise it can't be used on 32-bit OS, and most people would expect it so because it's not labeled as 64-bit), and libraries must be for the same architecture (an universal restriction). Thus you need 32-bit versions.