Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HenKonen

Custom ammunation stripes don't work properly, help?

What am I doing wrong here?

I'm trying to make a new weapon for a wad of mine, but when I added a ammo sprite for the weapon, it doesn't work that well.

When added to a map as a thing, the ammo item shows as the exclamation point thingy. The sprite does, although, show as the inventory icon for the weapon. Pictures of both the wad editing software and the weapon in use, showing the ammo box picture in the downright corner.

EDIT: The whole script for the ammo, didn't show in the screen capture above.

Actor Gleuckpstlammo : Ammo 14344
{
Radius 10
Inventory.PickupSound "misc/pickup"
Inventory.Amount 5
Inventory.MaxAmount 50
Ammo.BackpackAmount 20
Ammo.BackpackMaxAmount 100
Scale 0.7
Inventory.PickupMessage "You picked up ammo for the Gleuck Pistol."
Inventory.Icon "GLKAA0"
States
{
Spawn:
GLKA A -1
Loop
}
}

Herska said:

When added to a map as a thing, the ammo item shows as the exclamation point thingy.

What happens when you summon the ammo from the console, using its name as defined in DECORATE? If the sprite is properly summoned then your problem may be caused by your configuration file - did you check to make sure the DooMEd number used in DECORATE is the same as the one in your config file? Another possible problem may be caused by incorrectly using the sprite name in DECORATE (in this case, GLKA). Also, instead of looping the spawn state, stop it (i.e., use "Stop" instead of "Loop").

ReX said:

Also, instead of looping the spawn state, stop it (i.e., use "Stop" instead of "Loop").

Well, since the duration of that state is infinite (-1), using Stop, Loop, Wait or Goto Whatever will all be strictly equivalent.

If you get an exclamation point you also get an error message in the console telling you what is wrong. Just check it!