Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katamori

Bug in the Doomworld Forum engine

I can't read the older subscribed threads. I tried User Profile -> Subscribed Threads -> Show threads from..., and if it have 2 or more pages and I click to the page number or the arrow, it send me to the page 1 again!

can you help me?

There's apparently a views bug in blogs were a troll post has accumulated over a million views and still fluctuating.

I'm not seeing the bug you are having, however. Maybe someone else can replicate it.

Technician said:

There's apparently a views bug in blogs were a troll post has accumulated over a million views and still fluctuating.

I'm not seeing the bug you are having, however. Maybe someone else can replicate it.

I'm pretty sure that was intentionally coded.

Katamori said:

Nothing any ideas?

PM Bloodshedder or wait for him to post in this thread. I seem to recall this being an issue for someone else before, but no doubt he'll sort it.

Fixed already

Please report any more bugs like this. Back when Linguica converted the forums to be more SEO-friendly, he obviously couldn't test every single feature to make sure it worked.

While on the topic, my PM box says 43 msgs in all of my folders, yet I can only see 3 from the last 2 years or so. Are they archived somewhere?

chungy said:

On top of this being vBulletin, it's a really old and outdated one too >_>

And? I believe it still gets security patches. SomethingAwful uses similar "outdated" vBulletin.

Somethingawful: Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.9 (SAVB-2.0.15)
Doomworld: Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5

So really, what's the problem?

Parts of the forum still use the old link format (ie. http://www.doomworld.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4 instead of http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/). Here's a list of areas where I've noticed this:

• The links on the front page's "Last Post" column
  • The "newest member" link at the top of the front page
  • The search results page's links on the "Forum" & "Last Post" columns
  • The subscribed threads list's links on the "Thread Starter" & "Last Post" columns
  • The subscribed thread update email notifications
And vaguely related, why is the help with Cacowards 2010 thread still ATTN'd?

Another weird thing I noticed is that threads with new replies will never be "unread" on my end until I either wait a certain period of time, or mark them all unread manually. Not a huge deal, but it can be kind of annoying when I see some new replies, but get sidetracked with something else, and when I come back, they're not new anymore, so I don't even remember which ones were new anymore.

Janizdreg said:

Parts of the forum still use the old link format

I'm not really worried about this.

Bashe said:

Another weird thing I noticed is that threads with new replies will never be "unread" on my end until I either wait a certain period of time, or mark them all unread manually.

That's a function of how "new" posts are treated with this software. It doesn't track every thread you've looked at, and therefore has no idea what you actually read. Once your session expires (20 minutes [I think] or more since your last activity), all the previous new post indicators are reset, and any posts since your "last visit" (last activity time) are marked as new.