Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andrea Rovenski

Ceiling Crusher Once. ???

I have a cave map in which the ceiling is caving in, so I set a linedef to trip the cave in with the following arguments:

43: Ceiling Crush Once

Sector tag: 2
Movement Speed: 3
Damage: 155
Crush mode: 0
Argument 5: Blank

But it stops 8 height above floor, and it doesn't make it look much like a cave in if there's space underneath.

Help?

Manhunt21 said:

But it stops 8 height above floor, and it doesn't make it look much like a cave in if there's space underneath.

Help?

I'm afraid that's an intentional feature of the line type, as the original vanilla floor and ceiling types that descend all the way to the floor or ceiling will trap you forever in a world of HOM, as they push your view point up into the ceiling. The Hexen crusher types were adjusted to avoid this precise issue by not moving all the way to the opposing surface.

Manhunt21 said:

I have a cave map in which the ceiling is caving in, so I set a linedef to trip the cave in with the following arguments:

43: Ceiling Crush Once

Sector tag: 2
Movement Speed: 3
Damage: 155
Crush mode: 0
Argument 5: Blank

Help?

If you use ZDoom, set crush type 2 and you get Hexen's behavior.

Manhunt21 said:

So There's no way to make it go all the way down?
I guess I can make the floor dip.

Doom 2 MAP04 The Focus evades that in the situation with the opening/closing shutters with the shotgun guys behind it by making the floor 16 units lower than the surrounding floor. the walls of the sector are untextured so that it appears to be the same height as the surrounding floor and the crusher closes completely