Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyberreality

DooM Music in Czech Television

You had me going at D_RUNNIN but D_DEAD and D_ROMERO are totally out of context, especially given it is three songs too obviously ripped from a single source, there's no way this isn't fake. Nice try though.

40oz said:

there's no way this isn't fake. Nice try though.

except it isn't, i've seen/heard it live myself. it's possible to replay the program in the archive at czech-tv.cz, although i think it restricts access only to czech IPs. i wonder if it was just a random pick or there really is a doom fan in the crew. :p

What the fuck! Watching some programme about Czech politicians or some such and suddenly hearing DOOM music is an absurd experience.

Can someone confirm that this is for real?

DeathevokatioN said:

What the hell? Those tracks don't fit in with what's going on at all...?

Yeah, no kidding. I need some really dark, ominous music for my TV special about bake sales!

The most absurd Doom-related experience I had was back in 1996-1996 when I saw one of those weird trance/techno WBPM-style videos (essentially, imagine a mix of kaleidoscope effects, gratuitous random CGI, etc. set to some repetitive trance music that typically lasts over 10 minutes in one sitting, pretty much like this) which, at some point, had an overlay of kaleidoscope effects and Doom II (I recognized the SSG) walking and walking in a long winded hallway.

And all that was on a B&W Grundig TV.

Dunno who did that but I think they just wanna fuck with people.

I seriously doubt they would put that kind of background music in political news info.

Bishop said:

I seriously doubt they would put that kind of background music in political news info.

As if people with normal lives (aka not Doomheads like us) would recognize the source ;-)

Then again...they might be DOOMED news ;-)

hervoheebo said:

Can someone confirm that this is for real?

ok, seriously. i'm getting fucking raged here. i already confirmed it was real, so stop with the ridiculous claims it is fake. i love how some of you pretend you know what the report is about. speaking czech much? i don't think so. it's about a demagogic political party, currently in the governing coalition, that keeps producing a neverending stream of affairs and scandals. you could say they are on the way to doom the government. there's your fucking connection.

Anyone familiar with the song source musicwise (not the song title but who made the particular song)

I can't put a finger on it who did that rendition of D_RUNNIN and D_DEAD.

Wait, I hear D_E2M2 too..and a section of Doom's intermission music. Why would they add in game music into something about Czech politics?

Mr. Chris said:

Wait, I hear D_E2M2 too..and a section of Doom's intermission music. Why would they add in game music into something about Czech politics?

Ask a friend who works as a "news director" (yes, that's a real specilization) or video editor at any big TV station. You'll be surprised at the amount of "royalty free" (or almost) mish-mash that finds its way into the background music of a lot of productions.

E.g. they want to "dress up" tragic news or add drama to a scandal (or simply try want to try too hard)? They just throw in some stock horror music ripped from whatever they can find.

The most plausible explanation is that the video editor just wanted some music that sounded "angsty" without being some wannabe-intellectual composition (and Doom's soundtrack is just perfect for the role). People in that business will have archives upon archives of MIDIs, WAVs, MP3s and video clips to choose from. Probably he stumbled upon some folder called "Doom" in his Midis repertoire, tried out a few and said "Perfect!".

Either that, or he was a Doomhead and tried to sneak in a random homage (I'd follow other TV programmes edited by him, just in case).

Mr. Chris said:

There are six different Doom songs used in total, four from Doom II and two at the end from Doom 1.

Czech person here. Its legit even that I didnt saw it in TV. Guys who choses music for these programmes are quite good. They frequently use music from movies and I also heard music from Mafia and Neverhood games there.
By the way the dark and gritty atmosphere is alright since its about how bad politicians fucked up our country. And I am idiot since I voted for that fucker. Pirate party next time...

I'm not surprised. I've been hearing on our national programmes Prince of Persia Warrior Within music as well.

Well, we've posted here countless of times that Doom's sound effects are literally stock.

Its music...well, it legally isn't but with all those MIDIs, recreations and remixes floating around it practically has "stock" status too.

And given that most of them are derived from other songs (e.g. Hangar 18 for D_RUNNIN), it'd make id look a bit hypocritical if they made a fuss about it.

I'm just surprised they picked Doom among all the other "stock" music available. I can imagine D_RUNNIN on some kinda DIY home improvement TV show but D_DEAD has no reason to be on TV at all unless the tv show in question is displaying Doom. It probably doesn't help my case that I don't know the language though.

There is a lot of DooM fans in Czech Republic you can see that while looking at the DooM multiplayer servers. Just one of them got job at the right place.

heh heh this is now officially ceský thread
kouknite na titulky: hudební režie - Václav Vanecek

I have two ideas:

1.) it's fake
2.) if it's not fake, the cutter had a terrible job... the music doesn't match with the video

Katamori said:

I have two ideas:

1.) it's fake
2.) if it's not fake, the cutter had a terrible job... the music doesn't match with the video

I have two ideas:

1.) read some of the earliers posts
2.) here, I'm quoting them below:

dew said:

except it isn't, i've seen/heard it live myself. it's possible to replay the program in the archive at czech-tv.cz, although i think it restricts access only to czech IPs. i wonder if it was just a random pick or there really is a doom fan in the crew. :p

cyberreality said:

here is the whole program in archive http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/ivysilani/210411058251212-168-hodin/?streamtype=WM3
but they may block non-czech ip, if it is true you can try some czech proxys ...

dew said:

ok, seriously. i'm getting fucking raged here. i already confirmed it was real, so stop with the ridiculous claims it is fake. i love how some of you pretend you know what the report is about. speaking czech much? i don't think so. it's about a demagogic political party, currently in the governing coalition, that keeps producing a neverending stream of affairs and scandals. you could say they are on the way to doom the government. there's your fucking connection.