Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcKay

DUKE 3D USER LEVELS HERE

I searched for them on lycos cuz I heard some of them were awesome and took it way beyond what the designers did. I found this http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Chasm/7733/index.html Hopefully the links work ok cuz there looks to be some awesome maps on there. One of the things I prefere to doom levels is the more realistic maps and more versitile engine. I know this is doomworld but hey there more off topic posts that this! I know a few of you guys where looking for them and these look pretty good so check it out!

The links work fine, and those levels look good enough that I think I'll go get Duke Nukem later this week just to play them.

I've downloaded a few of them there not too bad. Worth playing. Lol maybe Ill even try to learn how to use build all over again and start doing maps. I used to be a wiz kid with the build engine.

I've downloaded several of the levels and not many of them have lit my fire so to speak, except for the Roch 1-6 series on that site. Those have been the best duke maps I've ever played. And I've played some beezers. Download now!

THIS IS SO FUKING ON TOPIC TO DOOM!
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW ON TOPIC IT IS!

AND YES MY CAPS LOCK IS MAJORLY FUCKED UP, BUT I'M GOING TO CANNIBALIZE ONE FROM THE DUDE NEXT DOOR TO ME, SO ITS ALL GOOD.

THIS IS SO FUKING ON TOPIC TO DOOM!
I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW ON TOPIC IT IS!

AND YES MY CAPS LOCK IS MAJORLY FUCKED UP, BUT I'M GOING TO CANNIBALIZE ONE FROM THE DUDE NEXT DOOR TO ME, SO ITS ALL GOOD.

Hold shift, asshole!

Talk about your fucking capslock else where prick. Your just making it more ot that it already was. Some people might actually want to talk about those duke levels here you know?

Talk about your fucking capslock else where prick. Your just making it more ot that it already was. Some people might actually want to talk about those duke levels here you know?

Correct spelling and punctuation are good things, too!

Look Im pulling on myself right now and im having to type with one hand so stop starting shit and start talking about duke nukem!

Look Im pulling on myself right now and im having to type with one hand so stop starting shit and start talking about duke nukem!

lol

OK...well I thought it was funny in duke nukem when he pisses in the toilet.

That game was pretty damn good, although I didn't like when I got crushed and pushed off the limits of the map by a swinging door or some equivalently gay bug in the engine.

The inventory was pretty cool, esp the steroids, which I made a song up for:

"Super-speed-steroids, la-la-laaa-laaa
Super-speed-steroids, la-la-laaa-laaa
Super-speed steroids, la-la-laaa-laaa"

Multiplayer was pretty decent also (coop was better than deathmatch though), and I got a few 3rd party maps to play with peeps.

I thought it was hard to jump across that moon rift in the moon cave in the second episode while playing in multiplayer. I made a little song, and it went like this:

"Oh I wish I had a jetpack,
Oh I wish I had a jetpack,
Oh fuck I'm falling again..."

And then when I would hand bills to the strippers I was singing another song:

"oh, oh, oh, yes,
oh, oh, oh, yes"

And the guns were decent, didn't like the ripper, as it sucked as much as doom's chaingun. The pipebombs were my favorite weapon, and the devastator comes in second.
The shotgun and pistol were just that: a shotgun and a pistol. Shrinker and freezer were cool and came in handy sometimes but weren't always practical.

And the RPG was just an RPG, it worked. Nothing bad, nothing good.

A real man would have to use both hands and type with his nose

Nah, a real man gets a girl to pleasure him orally while he types with both hands.

/me looks down at stripper =)

Ok you cum dripping prick! =) (and remember, BBG and you were the ones to call me names first)

But I meant asshole in a good way!

I've actually been toying around with BUILD myself.

For starters, it makes me appreciate WadEd (For Doom) _soooooo_ much.

I'm not too bad with it ATM. I can create some godlike scenery, but can't figure how to do a door. Figures.

I was wondering whether to carry on and release a few maps?

I've started work on a duke level that I will post here soon enough. Supposed to be a post holocaustic city. Its actualy based on where I live starting in my room lol and into the blocks in my area. Course its 10 years later after humanity has been wiped out by the aliens. As for creating doors im stuck on doing hinged doors instead of the slide ones but ive manged to learn how to do the blow through walls trick and attach secondary explosions to it which is pretty neat.

I've started work on a duke level that I will post here soon enough. Supposed to be a post holocaustic city. Its actualy based on where I live starting in my room lol and into the blocks in my area. Course its 10 years later after humanity has been wiped out by the aliens. As for creating doors im stuck on doing hinged doors instead of the slide ones but ive manged to learn how to do the blow through walls trick and attach secondary explosions to it which is pretty neat.

Go to JS Build for info on making sliding doors. You can also download the final FAQ at SST Files.

Sorry if you misread me but im stuck on doing hinged doors the slide ones are easy peasy. Ill check out those files though cheers!

Yeah did misread your post, prolly 'cause most can't get the sliding one done. The swing type is well documented in the FAQ.

Yeah did misread your post, prolly 'cause most can't get the sliding one done. The swing type is well documented in the FAQ.

What the Hell? The sliding one (the Doom door) is as easy as Hell. The swing ones take some skill. Then subways are the sux0r delux0r...mine kept doing loop-de-loops. :p