Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Sunder demos [-complevel 9]

Badass demo Rizera! I may need to barrow your route ;).

Here is my UV Max submission for Map 14.

Map 14 UV Max in 19:59.

Edit:
I need to give credits to an idea on this run! Thanks to Archi for letting me know about the trick to hit the switch early in the rev/caco/av fight room!

su14-1959.zip

Love the 1 second below 20:00 on legendary, hardest maps just like Anc's No Chance demo c:

So skipping the room next to RL and rev/caco/av room saved a few mins, but how could it be optimized further with more aggressive play?

That time is based on my splits I make for myself during practice.

Primary time savers come mostly from the rev/av invuln battle. I was able to, in my best attempt during practice, to nail that part much much quicker.

Another time save comes from not helping the cyber with the barons after dealing with the rev/caco/av room. Instead you can grab cells and rush into the imps/av area. In the best case scenario I found that the cyber would kill almost all of the barons/hellknights and even start infighting with the imps through the fences. I decided against doing this in my run because the cyber liked to get stunned by the barons/hellknights and in one case the cyber actually shot off a baron into the lava. So beating the map using these strategies brings more rng into account.

Another route you can take, which I feel is the most optimal, is to use the av jump to skip the ssg cave in the beginning. I tried this route for a few hours. But dealing with the cave is very annoying. Shockblast thought, and I agree with him, that the best way of dealing with the cave is to immediately rush the avs and barons with the bfg after teleporting back up. But this proved to require some luck as well.

That strat of skipping the yellow key requires a re-route on the ammo too. Otherwise you will be starved for cells fighting the revs in the rev battle arena room just after the encounter with the two cybers and revs.

KingMamba48 said:

Hello, I'm new here. I decided to give Map 12 a try on Nightmare difficulty, and I was able to beat it in 2:33. There's still improvement to be made, but I'm happy with 2:33 for now. And to everybody else... keep up the good work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjOVvOl-7Y

your run is cool, man. Keep doing your best. And Good Luck :)

KingMamba48 said:

I decided to give Map 12 a try on Nightmare difficulty

Sunder on Nightmare? ouuu... Pretty hot

KingMamba48 said:

Hello, I'm new here. I decided to give Map 12 a try on Nightmare difficulty, and I was able to beat it in 2:33. There's still improvement to be made, but I'm happy with 2:33 for now. And to everybody else... keep up the good work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjOVvOl-7Y

badass! It looks like the one nicety that fast enemies afford you in maps like this is that they don't eat up all your space as quickly because they stop to fire at you constantly :)

Map 13 in 37:08.

Out of extreme annoyance I am posting this failed max attempt.

This demo misses two pain elementals in the 3 switch room encounter with the revs/viles/pain elementals. Oku's demo also misses two pain elementals as well in the same area.

While attempting this map today I had an amazing beginning and then the pain elementals failed to spawn in again. This map has significant rng in the beginning already in order to get a good time the last thing I want to deal with is monster closet rng.

su13-3708.zip

Great stuff Killer5, too bad the random number gods did not smile upon you that day.

I guess if it's not players fault that some enemies are unreachable then they are not required for a max demo, so the max demo is valid, right?

rules for max are something like this:

if in a map you got the chance to kill 98% of monsters max due to bugs, if some other troubles make you reach only 97.9% then its not valid
I know its frustrating, i've been through some of those too.
unless something is absolutely unreachable or unkillable, then it is possible to be killed and therefore some other demo might achieve higher %s

Archi said:

I guess if it's not players fault that some enemies are unreachable then they are not required for a max demo, so the max demo is valid, right?

Well, the problem in situations like this is that the monsters are sometimes reachable and sometimes not.

If it was decided that killing these problematic monsters is not required it would introduce another problem - in case they do teleport in it would be a disadvantage since killing more monsters takes more time and the players would still be depedent on RNG (but the reverse one).

IMO, what might be best in these situations is creating an official fix for the WAD for use in max runs that makes sure the monsters always teleport in (similar to let's say mm11fix.wad or TNT31.WAD).

I am currently working on a strat for that area. The teleporters are in dumb locations so I have no doubt that there is going to be an rng element to it no matter what I try. But in practice I can get it to be above 50% that all 10 pain eles spawn. I decided that is fine for me.

I am so unsatisfied with my demo, and incredibly stubborn, that I decided I am going to max this map. I really enjoy this map, especially the final area, so it is whatev.

excellent demo. Damn, someone's gotta fix that Blade Runner midi somehow.

ps. this is probably one of the most grindy, meaty maps I have ever seen!

Great demos, congrats Killer5 on your 33:05 on MAP13, that's huge time save from your previous demo. Also MAP06 pacifist is hilarious.