Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
General Rainbow Bacon

hrmus.wad error

Hey, so I was just playing through Hell Revealed again, trying to hone my skills so I can play Sunder's new maps. Anyway, I just finished map 4 (super easy) but noticed that the music track only plays for 15 seconds and then starts over. I know that track is like 2 minutes long so what's going on?

The full track is called "CCCool", but Lee Jackson condensed it to eight bars specifically for ROTT's in-game menu. What you hear in MAP04 of Hell Revealed is actually a track called "MMMenu".

idmus32 will give you the full track, by the way. :)

I love map 10 music (I think called 'havanna smooth') even though its slightly non doomy.
I don't know what notes he uses to blast a series of trumpetish chords close together like that. Kind of seems like it all might be the same basic chord but some are augmented to 7th, 9th, 11th and 13th notes (if that's the right terminology) to give some blasts more emphasis than others.
I'm too lazy to open it in a midi program to see, especially since such programs seem to be impossible to figure out.

DoomHero85 said:

.... but noticed that the music track only plays for 15 seconds and then starts over.....

If you had opened HRMUS.WAD in, for example SLADE3, you have noticed that D_BETWEE, which is
the music lump for map04, is only 1.9 Kb, while most of the other lumps are ca. 20kb.
So, there is no error.