Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orangefire222

Problem with IWAD patches

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to Doom editing/this website, so bare with me if this thread is stupid/redundant/in the wrong place.

I'm not having a problem loading custom patches or anything, I can do that fine, the problem lies therein when I add even one custom patch, XWE throws in 3-4 hundred of the IWADS own patches in with my wad. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but is there anyway to avoid this, as I don't want to be releasing copyrighted content on my pwad.

Ive downloaded and looked at several wads edited with XWE and they too contain many IWAD textures along with the customs, so is this something I dont need to worry about?

IF it is something I should worry about, how would I go about solving this problem?

Using XWE 1.16 on WinXP

If you're referring to what appears in the PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps, that's nothing to worry about. The TEXTURE1 lump is basically a lookup table, and since PWADs are loaded after IWADs (with their contents either replacing or supplementing what's in the IWAD) your texture lump has to list what's in the IWAD along with your additions and alterations.

XWE's texture browser will display all the textures it can find - including those in the default IWAD you nominated when first running the program.

If the PNAMES table does not contain the IWAD patches, and the TEXTURE2/TEXTURE2 lumps do not contain the IWAD textures, you won't be able to use the stock textures in your map unless you use a ZDoom derivative.

Indeed, after looking more closely at my wads in xwe again and in doombuilder I mostly figured what you two said.

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting time...delete this post if deemed necessary.

orangefire222 said:

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting time...delete this post if deemed necessary.

Nah, it can always be useful to someone else having the same questions.