Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi again,

I found this wad on my machine and thought the levels were too good not to salvage. I don't remember who the author was, but I would like to bugfix all the maps and put it up on idgames. Does anyone know who made this so I can contact him/her about releasing the megawad and making a .txt for it? Anyhow, here it is if you want to play it/bug fix it with me. It's kindof a ripoff of HR, but the gameplay is good.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d8fb4fmkk8f9u6e/jth.zip

Considering that the title and author are displayed in the wad itself, this project wasn't exactly difficult to track down. Here's the project thread. Here's the project's demo, released on /idgames. To contact the author, you could try sending a pm to his forum account, or emailing him at the address in the demo's text file. Note that the demo's text file does not give permission to modify the wad, so you'll definitely need to get written permission from the author before you do anything with the released megawad.

It's kindof a ripoff of HR

Understatement of the year. Several areas are blatantly copypasted from HR and AV. The author said he was reworking some of the maps a while ago, but hasn't been very talkative since then.

I found the original maps were decent/good, though.

So there's a (literally) HR styled almost-complet megawad lying around about which I had no idea it existed, and is actually containing good/decent 32 maps.

Awesome

The only thing about the 32 map version is that there are a lot of doors that don't work and keys that don't show up in certain skills and stuff like that. I hope Isaac does finish this if the 32 map version I posted here is not the final version. He's actually a pretty good mapper.

DoomHero85 said:

The only thing about the 32 map version....

The ONLY thing? Did you see the above post? hahaha

All those points NEEDS to be fixed. If he does "fix" all of those, the WAD has great potential

Well this is definitely the strangest set of maps I've ever sifted through. o_O He's obviously a fan of REDWALL1 - in fact, most of these maps are plastered with it to the point where they look more like Sky May Be than a conventional Doom megawad. :O Also, most of the "new" music doesn't fit. At all.

I hope the guy isn't planning to let this mapset continue in the direction it's headed. :S

It was certainly fun to do this but this cant be released haha not much originality, many ideas taken from other maps, guess I can enjoy this on my own

Hey man, glad to see you back on the forum. I like your maps, I enjoy them too. I hope you do more with this. Can you at least provide a dl for those of us who do like your stuff? btw, there are a bunch of keys that don't show up on the easier skills, and some doors that don't have tags and stuff, just make sure you fix those :)

PS: I'd be glad to do some bugfixing if you don't want to.

@DoomHero85 Sure, no problem!

I'll upload the link with the same file feat. the maps I had done recently and if you guys want feel free to replace any map you like :)

Sorry, but I think, this megaWAD is a bad combination of the lots of copying and the awful texture using. MAP24: marble with grey hexangons? what the hell?

And it's only one example of the lots of bad texturing...

However, copying is even bigger problem. TRY SOMETHING CUSTOM!!!!!!

MAP08 has a stolen music track, 2002ADO's E3M4/E4M5, composed by Paul Corfiatis.

@cell I was given permission

@katamori This is not being released, so I can keep my bad work to myself, Im not doing more mapping, just simply got bored, I'll continue playing the experts works

Just wanna say I had a lot of fun trying to make my own megawad, trying to be creative, but I must say this project will not be released, too many flaws, this dude is retiring from mapping for good, I'll still play what you guys make :) Sometimes promise doesnt get realized