Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchitectofHell

Anybody Got a Copy of STRAIN?

Hi folks. I've never played STRAIN and I'm wondering whether any of you might happen to have the WAD file all put together. Whenever I've downloaded it from /idgames, I haven't been able to assemble the file from all the pieces.

Thanks; I've been wanting to check out this mapset for years!

Andy Olivera unpacked and uploaded a copy to the DSDA website (along with a couple of other troublesome wads) there's a link to it here.

... and I can only repeat my sentiments from that thread that a few decision makers here are not thinking right and doing more harm than good to the community.

I was about to reply "Yeah, Doom's got three" until I realize dthat I read the title as "Anybody Got a Copy of STARTAN?"

Xaser said:

I was about to reply "Yeah, Doom's got three" until I realize dthat I read the title as "Anybody Got a Copy of STARTAN?"

I did this, too. I am ashamed.

No wonder Obituary didn't work properly the first time round for me. I think it's very stupid that you can't just upload the fixed versions to the archives. Are the authors of STRAIN, Obituary, and Cleimos 2 still contactable?

DeathevokatioN said:

Are the authors of STRAIN, Obituary, and Cleimos 2 still contactable?

That's the real problem here. I doubt they would mind but without being able to ask them...

kristus said:

You startan people suck. Merry Holidays.

Merry CHRISTMAS you motherfucking basterd. And have a Happy Fucking New Year too.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
kristus said:

You startan people suck. Merry Holidays.

You're startan2 piss me off

This discussion on textures is quite off topic, and should go in another thread.

I'll consider startan1

Guest DILDOMASTER666
TheMionicDonut said:

This discussion on textures is quite off topic, and should go in another thread.

I'll consider startan1

This post made me smile. Thank you.

Dammit, guys, now how am I supposed to make a good pun out of Startan3? :(

DeathevokatioN said:

Are the authors of STRAIN, Obituary, and Cleimos 2 still contactable?

Nostromo is, though I'm not sure how much of an authority on STRAIN he is. Might be enough if he's the only surviving member, though.

fatal error said:

I played STRAIN once, are all those arachnotrons supposed to be stuck in the walls like that?

You should play with STRAIN.DEH loaded.

Clonehunter said:

Merry CHRISTMAS you motherfucking basterd. And have a Happy Fucking New Year too.

I don't celebrate christmas, I celebrate that I get free time from school. The reason for the seasen is axial tilt.