Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sigvatr

Music

Bucket said:

They're hard to find, and not worth the effort to. What are really the big names in prog since 1980...

I see what you did there, you post is one part vague generalization and two parts misinformed drivel.

darkreaver said:

When I was younger I always ended up in discussions about music. I always tried to explain to people why I liked metal and why it was good and "listen! it IS NOT just screaming and random stuff! they are actually playing!".

It didnt last long until I figured I`d be best off leaving all those discussions alone, and stay to discuss with people with the same taste in music as myself only.

You like what you like. I might think it sucks major ass, but so be it, I`m not gonna rant on about it.

Case? It`s closed.

this is exactly how I feel... im going to be honest here, I dont listen to any other type of music except metal. I listen to almost every different style of metal but mostly death metal. the two most mainstream metal bands I listen to (I could be completely wrong) are cannibal corpse and behemoth.. lol if anyone else listens to either of those, please come forward because im tired of knowing not ONE person who enjoys even plain heavy metal.. its all rap/pop or any of that with my friends and family. my apologies if I sound like im ranting..

my point is, we all have ears which pick up sound in the same manner, but we dont have the same likes and dislikes in what we all individually recieve as music. MY personal choice in music is metal.. thats that. I enjoy almost no other style of music, with the exception of pink floyd, nirvana, alice in chains and system of a down's old stuff.

darkreaver, your awesome by the way

disentomb said:

darkreaver, your awesome by the way

oooOOOh :D

I noticed you nick right away after you registered, hehe. If I`m not mistaken Disentomb is a brutal (?) dm band? I think I remember a yellow`ish cover or something.

While I`m not that much into Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse (the first albums are cool tho), I`m very much into death metal :) Mainly "old school" stuff like Autopsy and looooots of underground bands, and somewhat on-topic; thats really not the generes to discuss with non-metalheads :P

darkreaver said:

oooOOOh :D

I noticed you nick right away after you registered, hehe. If I`m not mistaken Disentomb is a brutal (?) dm band? I think I remember a yellow`ish cover or something.

While I`m not that much into Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse (the first albums are cool tho), I`m very much into death metal :) Mainly "old school" stuff like Autopsy and looooots of underground bands, and somewhat on-topic; thats really not the generes to discuss with non-metalheads :P

yeah, disentomb is a brutal dm band and thats why its my name haha. Im a fan (im not a member of the band). also, its great to talk to people who have passion for metal and doom.. what a great mix haha

nice meeting you dark, fellow metalhead \m/