Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Looper

Arch-Vile Jump (megawad) demos [-complevel 2]

Didn't see xepop there, heh :)

Episode 2, maps 12 and 13 are in wrong order.

I have two demos I didn't upload because I wanted to make them faster and I still want, but I don't know when, so better to upload them now than never... Sorry :(

Map10 Nightmare in 24 seconds
Map26 Pacifist in 20 seconds

aj10aj26.zip

Oh, why did I write xepop? Of course I ment you Paska ;)

OH :/, yes, map12 an 13 are false, I change the oder in the description too (too bad this happened)

you didn't want to upload map26 in 20 secs because you thought it is slow??? now I know for sure, you are crazy! :D, it is damn fast

very nice demos

Hello everybody,
the last two weeks I played AVJ a lot :)
here are my demos of episode 1
(13 in total)

02 Nightmare 0:19
02 UV Tyson 1:05
03 Nightmare 0:23
03 UV Tyson 1:01
04 UV Speed 0:25
04 Nightmare 0:21
04 UV Tyson 1:39
05 UV Tyson 0:34
06 UV Tyson 6:20
09 Nightmare 0:34
09 UV Pacifist 0:41
09 UV Tyson 1:02
10 UV Pacifist 1:12

13avjdemos.zip

Funny route in map09 pacifist, I never thought of jumping "outside" of the level and grabbing the last key this way. :)

in this case I know the mapper and he told me it is allowed to exploit it this way ;).
Well, I do not think such things are weird, I like it :) (thats why I made it)
for example in map20 there is also such a place at the end (you can see it in the fastest demo of Red-XIII)

kOeGy and me beated the first uploaded coop speedrun for AVJ.WAD:

lvl 27 Nightmare in 0:18 (former record by Red-XIII and Edgar89: 0:20)

it was a lot of fun running this! :)

aj27n018.zip

Congratulations to Red for recording a map32 run (it is on DSDA now). That's a very impressive accomplishment, definitely a "notable 2013 demo". :)

What complevel is that though? It desyncs for me with 2 at about 23min point, tried few other ones, desync occurs after the first av jump already. Pretty cool achievement though it seems :)

Yes what Red did there is an astonishing performance!
All who have played through the whole level will know that the last double jump is the most difficult trick in this level and you only have a few chances. If you get this far (in Red's case after ONLY 40 minutes) you DO NOT want to fail for sure! But exactly this thought let you fail (at least when I play the map).
Furthermore it is very interesting how he played the map, in 2 of 3 cases he does the difficult parts VERY VERY well and the easy parts not.
All in all this demo surprised me, I expected the first time will be a lot over 1 hour.

Again, congratulations Red!

@ Memfis: I am not sure about the consequences about an update of the wad, I am not sure but maybe all demos will be decynced if I merge the fix.wad with the original wad....
and for all who search the fix patch, simply click on "avj.wad" on this site and you will get the original and fix wad:
http://doomedsda.us/wad1480.html

to view Red's demo simply write this in your terminal/dosbox:
with doom2.exe: doom2 -file avj.wad avj32fix.wad -playdemo <demo>
with prboom-plus: prboom-plus -file avj.wad avj32fix.wad -playdemo <demo>

termrork said:

@ Memfis: I am not sure about the consequences about an update of the wad, I am not sure but maybe all demos will be decynced if I merge the fix.wad with the original wad...

Everything will be fine with all demos on DSDA. Changing one map will only affect demos recorded on that map.
Think about it: there is a FATAL bug on map32 if you play in doom2.exe, and the only way people can find out about it is if they read this thread. That's not nice, you should at least write a comment here with an explanation and a link to the patch. But better just update the wad. Again, all previously recorded demos will play back just fine if you only replace map32.

sorry for the late response, but 2 weeks ago I found a new ugly bug in this map32...
When I play with the latest version of dosbox and I go to the end of map32, then dosbox crashes.... I have no idea why and I try to fix this...
2011 and 2012 I couldn't see this crash, I am not sure, maybe it is because of a new version of dosbox.

Apart from that I tried map32 with prboom and made it in 41:42

lvl 32 UV Speed in 41:42

aj32-4142.zip

Holy fuck wank! That's an instant download from me, sunshine. I thought that even attempting a UV speed on that map was insane. Nice one, lad.

termrork said:

F I N A L L Y ! ! !

32 UV Fast 54:03

I know this doesn't have the appeal of a 30uv doom2 run, but for me this is for sure one of the demos of the year. :)

@Springy

Thank you for your reply, UV speed was insane for sure :). Red-XIII completed it before me in a real UV speed speedrun, I was shocked. We both saw the progess each other did in doing it and he was faster by several weeks in completing the run. Also we profited a lot from each other through exchanging tricks and exploits. Some of them were known for me while creating the map, some not. We are both keyboarders, but he is still a better runner than me :). But somehow I am more confident when it comes to map32. I guess

@GrumpyCat

wow, did not know this was possible! Awesome!

@scifista42

I am glad you liked it! :)

@dew

Oh thank you a lot for your accomplishment!

@attachment:

map 32 Nightmare! in 10:58 TAS

The gap between TAS and nonTAS times is huge, but I guess this is
normal for long runs. Though sub 30 should be possible for UV speed.

edit:

Azuruish said:

^
(-_-)
Uhhh... I'll rip out my demo and improve your time. There i missed one glide.

mh... it sounds like you are talking about a TAS run... but on the other hand I do not know any glide in map32... did you post in the wrong thread?

btw for those who prefer youtube, the NM run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TXgGz07oq0

aj321058.zip

All my demos are posting in my thread obviously...
THah... Glide... You want to know? Open 'Doom Builder 2'. Coordinate x -1823 y -3776
But nevermind. I couldn't find position in XDRE anyway.

For those who don't have doombuilder, the position can be seen at 3:49 in the uv fast run. Anyway, I knew the TAS run is not polished and far from being perfect, but an improvement of several minutes is very unexpected from me. This is awesome! Looking forward to see it and especially any changes in the route.