Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fatal error

A new website.

I daresay it's a shame I've never played the Massmouth series, but the characters page has me laughing my ass off

God, I loved the Massmouth WADs the first time I played them all the way back in 2004/05 - humorous, gripping, replayable, immersive, and technically advanced (for the time). They were an absolute inspiration to me - in my opinion, the perfect ZDoom WAD series.

caco_killer said:

While the Massmouth pack you made is great, it does include the Doom 2 wad. You should remove that.

I checked just now and it's freedoom, it's just named doom2. You had me worried for a second :\

I wonder how Cyb feels about your appropriation of his project. I don't take it you asked for his permission, did you?

Bank said:

I wonder how Cyb feels about your appropriation of his project. I don't take it you asked for his permission, did you?

Cyb still exists? I thought he died in the cola wars.

But, wouldn't this be a fan site? Not that asking permission is a bad thing. Did fetal error modify any of Cyb's files?

Bank said:

I didn't realize I needed permission in order to make a fan site, and none of Cyb's files were modified in the process of constructing this site so there shouldn't be a problem.

fatal error said:

I didn't realize I needed permission in order to make a fan site, and none of Cyb's files were modified in the process of constructing this site.

You don't, but it probably would have been a respectful thing to do considering that Massmouth was not made by big faceless company and the creator wouldn't be hard to contact.

Bank said:

You don't, but it probably would have been a respectful thing to do considering that Massmouth was not made by big faceless company and the creator wouldn't be hard to contact.

True, and to be honest six months ago when I first had this idea I tried to contact him, but his email cyb@vect.org no longer seems valid.

Bank said:

I think the important question to ask is this: If he received "no" as an answer or no response, would he respect it as a "no"? If he intends to follow through regardless of the response then there truly is no reason to ask permission and nothing respectful about the act either.

Is it one of these

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=10601
	The Adventures of MassMouth
	Cyb
	massm.zip (4381 KB, 02/24/00)

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=11738
	The Adventures of MassMouth Do Over!
	Cyb
	massm_do.zip (4114 KB, 11/12/02)

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=12090
	MassMouth 2
	Cyb
	massm2.zip (19748 KB, 07/15/03)

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=13055
	Massmouthmas
	Cyb (mostly)
	massmas.zip (3665 KB, 12/25/04)

Hellbent said:

I can't find the massmouth on the archives. I'd like to play it. Anyone have a link?

If you play massmouth 2, be sure to use zdoom2.0.60 for best results.

AndrewB said:

I think the important question to ask is this: If he received "no" as an answer or no response, would he respect it as a "no"? If he intends to follow through regardless of the response then there truly is no reason to ask permission and nothing respectful about the act either.

Had I recieved "no" as an answer, I would not have made the site in order to honor the authors wishes. Had I received no responce, I would have made the site anyways.

fatal error said:

I checked just now and it's freedoom, it's just named doom2. You had me worried for a second :\

Sorry man, I forgot about Freedoom.