Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cell

In need of some textures

Hi guys,

I was thinking about this nowadays. Then, I wanted to realise it but I've came across a couple of problems.

I'm in need of five not-that-brand new textures. You know about the original "window" textures with some transparency in diagonal, organic shapes, often used in Doom's E1. For the actual names, these are them:
- BRNSMAL1
- BRNSMAL2
- BRNSMALC
- BRNSMALL
- BRNSMALR
- BRNBIGC
- BRNBIGL
- BRNBIGR

All these textures are using the palette of BROWN96. Now, the textures I need are the same the only difference is using the palette of BROWNGRN. My actual problem in connection with the recoloring was that I'm quite fond of XWE's "color remap", but BROWN96 and BROWNGRN are just too difficult to "convert" in this way, because they have much colour in common. So, the recoloring with my crude, primitive skills is definitely a fail. I'm asking help for someone who's a master of either Gimp or Photoshop or anything that makes this work just a piece of cake. In charge, I'll definitely represent his/her (?) name in every project using any of the new textures!
New names: just replace the very first letter "B" with "G" and that's it.

Or do you know about any WAD or MOD where it is already made?
Well, I'm leaving this for you.

FuzzballFox said:

PNG because Photobucket doesn't like BMP files. :P

If you already use PNG, then why do use cyan instead of proper transparency? Or do you use M$ Paint? Just asking.

tempun said:

If you already use PNG, then why do use cyan instead of proper transparency? Or do you use M$ Paint? Just asking.

MS Paint is too dumb to understand and support transparency, and fortunately in Doom cyan doesn't conflict with anything when being artificially used as a mask by wad importers. You can use something like GIMP to select the cyan parts and press Delete, assuming the format being worked on supports the alpha channel.

I did say I used Paint in the post~ :P

The reason I saved PNG was also explained, but the reason I didn't use Photoshop to add the aphla transparency was simply because these textures don't really need it. They were never meant to be high res or true-colour textures so there won't be the need to import raw and like you said, it will be recognised as being transparent anyway. (So long as it's not imported Raw that is..:P

Oh thanks! I'm delighted. Well, I've made some noob attempts, so I've done some texture recolorments before - the same way I've created these: CEIL5_2 -> CEIL5_3; TLITE6_4 -> TLITE6_8; TLITE6_6 -> TLITE6_0. Might upload them here:

FuzzballFox is now on the credits list.

Glad I could be some help! Those flats look pretty good, though the green on the final one does look a little darker than the other two~

Because I did not partial recolorment like on the one in the middle.
The TLITE6_4 seemed to have an usual palette in the light area, so I've left that be the same. But it didn't appeal to the TLITE6_6 one as well, so I did change it to gray.

FuzzballFox said:

Glad I could be some help! Those flats look pretty good, though the green on the final one does look a little darker than the other two~

I guess why you use Paint instead of Gimp.

And if you need the 256 colours Doom Palette for this program and some detailed info just look here

Another request! I know that you would hate me for this, but it's life.

Recently, I've been mapping around in Doom2 and I found the two textures BRICKLIT and BSTONE3 to be rather beauties. Soon, I wanted to put those harmonical light thingies onto BSTONE1, but that didn't succeed. Why? Because programs that can make perfect shadings around those friggin' stonepiles are straightly refused by my system, just like my request by you probably.

Wonder if someone else would still "light up" BSTONE1, STUCCO1, ROCK3 and BRICK10 for me :) The only two additional requests would be:
1. Keep the X and Y positions of the lights the same (if you don't know how, I would advise that erase everything around the light, press Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V it into the stock texture)
2. Change slightly the color of the light's frame to fit better to the stock textures' colors. That original brownish-yellow border wouldn't go with ROCK3, for example.

Here are some examples of what you asked for. Due to the nature of the doom palette, some turned out much better than others.

Brick10 in particular is abysmal; I may try and fix it later but I am starving and have to eat.

Oh thanks, that was quick!
BSTONE1 is moreorless okay, ROCK3 is maybe a bit too bright. As for the two others, the straight circular lines look cheesy, but never mind, you've mentioned that they're in beta stadium. Good luck and expect a credit on a Wad called "Ultimate Showdown"!

iori said:

[...]*Pictures*
Brick10 in particular is abysmal; I may try and fix it later [...]

... so?

Anyway, anyone who's in need of textures can claim for them in here!

Oh, so. I don't know whether Iori is going to post here anymore.

Here's an on-the-spot need:
If DOOR1 -> ICKDOOR,
Then DOORHI -> ?

Karnizero said:

And if you need the 256 colours Doom Palette for this program and some detailed info just look here

FYI, if you use SLADE 3 it has a feature which lets you export any Doom-format palette to GIMP, JASC or CSV formats. :)

Yeah, you can even export individually the extra palettes (pickups, damage, berserk, radsuit, etc.). You can also import from these formats.

Cell said:

Oh, so. I don't know whether Iori is going to post here anymore.

Yeah sorry, no time for this atm.