Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

New Year's Resolutions?

I just hope this year is less insane than last year. I need to chillax for a while. This year included my dad getting a DUI, me getting a new job and quitting my old one, two pairs of friends getting married, two grandparents dying, getting stuck in a snowstorm for two days, and that doesn't even include all the other BS that happened to my friends.

Nope. Never saw a reasoning to resolutions. Especially considering most of them end up forgotten within a couple weeks of being made.

I'm resolving to live a more minimalist, productive life. I had a really productive year and I realized it was because I had to actively make sure I had a clean workspace and a tidy home in order to get my mind straight. It's amazing how much of an effect it can have on your life. I'd like to improve upon it, hang up my coat when I come inside, don't let shit pile up on my desk, make my bed often, iron my clothes when I do laundry.

Also I'd like to spend more time on self-improving activities like going to Figure Drawing sessions a few times a week and focusing on making more films this year.

I usually set relatively easy short term goals for myself pretty regularly, I don't know what the new year has to do with me having to think of one on the spot to live up to. At the moment I'm trying to eat more so that my workout routine will help produce more muscle mass. I wanna look like Doomguy!

Well, hmm. Given recent events, I suppose mine is to actually finish writing a song sometime this year, considering how I haven't in the past two. At least I've got proper tools for it now.

40oz said:

I usually set relatively easy short term goals for myself pretty regularly, I don't know what the new year has to do with me having to think of one on the spot to live up to. At the moment I'm trying to eat more so that my workout routine will help produce more muscle mass. I wanna look like Doomguy!

This is an epic goal

Xaser said:

Well, hmm. Given recent events, I suppose mine is to actually finish writing a song sometime this year, considering how I haven't in the past two. At least I've got proper tools for it now.

Funny you said that, I've been wanting to get into song writing lately. A song I really wanted to write lately, which spawned from that idea of paying mappers to make a wad, was a song about a hypothetical situation where doom mapping becomes commercialized, and megawad ideas become outsourced to mappers around the world who are paid to map and us doomers have to pay to get map editors, and have to pay to play anything new.

Ragnor said:

This is an epic goal

Ive even considered getting the same haircut doomguy has in the Doom 2 TITLEPIC if only I knew what it looked like in the front.

Jimmy91 said:

YT clip

Put on a red hat and sweater and a pair of blue carpenter pants and you look just like your avatar.

40oz said:

I don't know what the new year has to do with me having to think of one on the spot to live up to.

For me it makes sense, because my birthday comes shortly after the year's opening, so my age is a pretty clear indicator to go with the year number.

What I'm hoping for this year is to become better than so far. Less stressed, and better organized. I want to be able to control how much time I spend on mapping, and how much I do on other activities, without the latter causing me to dub dooming as pointless (and trying to eliminate it completely like an addiction), and the former making me forget about my schedule. It's very tough to achieve, given my hypotensive lazy behavior.

Nail that hot next door neighbor that i've been trying to do for the past 5 months. Tequila anybody?

I'm aiming for 3 of the following will be satisfactory:

-Reach my 1000th film (highly probable)
-Drink my 200th different beer (tougher)
-Learn how to cook properly
-Start following a tighter budget (might have to sacrifice the 200 beer goal for this one)
-Start working out again (it's been like... 4 years or something. I'm starting to gain weight all of a sudden)
-Finish UR
-Get back to writing

I'd say getting a college degree is a resolution, but that is more of a must. If the next year is like the last 4 months, it's damn well possible I could do most of these by the year's end. If it's like the 8 before that, I'll probably die.

Lose some weight.
Clear the junk out from under the house - some of which belonged to the previous owners.
Lose some weight.
Clean out the garage (can't blame the previous owners for that).
Lose some weight.
Declare a war on broadleaf weeds and Argentine Ants.

AND

Lose some weight.

Lose many may pounds
Do well in school
Get a part time job or something
1920x1080

Is this where we bump last year's thread and we start off the new year with disappointment?