Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

How to modify my forum rank?

For example The Ultimate Doomer: "(former) /newstuff Chronicler" or esselfortium: "Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting"

Seems like an odd setup. Im used to unlocking the ability at a set post count, being a part of the forum for a year or so, or a mix of both.

I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing your title though.

That's what I like about this forum, the random titles some folks get because of their posting habits.

The real trick is to not get one. I suspect that some who do wish they hadn't. ;)

Xaser said:

The real trick is to not get one. I suspect that some who do wish they hadn't. ;)

Speak for yourself, sister.

Xaser said:

i only see those without custom titles say this i wonder why

Xaser said:

Thats practically baiting a forced change :D

Ragnor said:

I do see the humour in a mod sneakily changing your title though.

Yeah, I see you do ;)

Julian said:

Yeah, I see you do ;)

*headdesk*

Here I say Xaser was baiting, but it was actually me. I cant say I didn't expect this at some point though. *highly amused*

Personally, I think having an "incentive" in form of titles and a bigger post count number in a forum is a big mistake. People will post stupid shit in order to get their e-peen higher, which, when long enough, unlocks some stupid fucking "title" next to their name. Forums like that often devolve into circlejerk fests among the few neckbeards with the most posts/reputation/whatever.

Limited customization is good. I can't remember how many times I have wished for some idiot to die because he colors all his posts pink with cursive and bold or some stupid shit like that. Another thing that I fucking hate is when people put their names at the end of the post. What's the point? It's right next to the post, anyway. Do they want to become profilic or something? Avatar is all you need in terms of customization, it allows you to identify who's posting at a glance.

As said I'm lukewarm towards postcount titles, but I do not have strong feelings one way or the other about custom titles. Sorry, I went rambling here a bit.

The threat of some of these custom titles has kinda made me cautious about what I post. Being a standard member is useful, too.

I agree on post count, which is why a lot of larger forums hide that entirely. In that system it tends to unlock after a set time of activity, far preferred to POST X TIMES

Ultraboy94 said:

The threat of some of these custom titles has kinda made me cautious about what I post. Being a standard member is useful, too.

Then you get the custom title "The threat of some of these custom titles has kinda made me cautious"

Act like an ass, and you will have your own special subtitle : loser, or banned. ;-)

Defending a forum with highly limited customization and a spartan appearance is a bit like insisting the shadows on the cave wall are all that's real - but all the same, it's definitely better this way. A single glance at any other forum on the internet will tell you that.

Creaphis said:

Defending a forum with highly limited customization and a spartan appearance is a bit like insisting the shadows on the cave wall are all that's real

What?

ducon said:

Act like an ass, and you will have your own special subtitle : loser, or banned. ;-)

Except that they are default titles, for the "Losers" and "Banned by Moderators" user groups resectively.

BTW, I notice that there is a "Paranoid" user group. I hadn't noticed that one before.

Eh I disagree. I think the occasional really cool thing someone does is worth looking at the crap the kids put out.

Then again it is a fun challenge to make an interesting avatar from a tiny 48x48 block.

I'm thinking about what should I do in order to receive one. Maybe the best method is to pass several years in these forums while making as much personal and/or community works as you can... I'm doing it in this way, but let it be, I've done some stupidities to induce this not to happen in the way supposed to be, and some asshole words may appear in my custom title instead of the well-deserved compliments.