Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vominus

Iron Maiden

For anyone who's into Maiden but doesn't keep up with the band, I've got some rather depressing news:

Clive Burr, the amazing drummer who played on the first three albums, is now dying of multiple sclerosis. I'd hate to see his life go unrememberd like Gar Samuelson of Megadeth's did, but I think Maiden has a strong enough fanbase not to allow that.

If you have anything you wish to say to Clive, you can go here and post a thread that he will actually read.

http://213.86.53.186/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=10

It's pointless to respond to an older thread as their overall count keeps rising.

This has been a sad period for heavy metal... we lost Chuck Schuldiner this past December.

bah, that's sad. Feeder's drummer killing himself as well, recently, there's a lot of bad shit going on lately.

Let's just hope we can soon cure these things.

and maiden are playing 2 shows this year (only 2) and the proceeds are going to their new cliff burr multiple sclerosis (sp?) fund. wait no, 2 shows, the frist 2 sold out really fast so they made a new date, and they are rereleasing the "run to the hills" single and donating allt he money from that to the fund as well.

Yeah that was Iron maiden. 666 - The Number of the beast.
Sad about this guy with MS, but its good to see the band he was once in is being supportive

The father of one of my best friends passed away a year or two ago from ALS. He was one of the most brilliant musicians I've ever known...

its good to see the band he was once in is being supportive

Yeah, Maiden has always taken care of those that are close to them, be it their fans, friends, family, or ex-members. When they toured for the release of Ed Hunter, the entire setlist was picked by the fans through a poll on their website.

Yeah, I heard about that a while ago. I have tickets to the last show. It's great that Maiden are doing that for him. I don't think Clive will go unremembered, he did some great stuff with Maiden.

BTW, I couldn't get thta link to work... kept timing out... :\