Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zZaRDoZz

WANTED: 1 coder for edge

Hello

Andrewj, the programmer who brought the Edge port for Doom to its most modifiable and stable form yet, has announced his retirement from the project. The pending edge 1.35 will be the final release. Needless to say, the small but loyal community around this port is hopeful for a new programmer.

We know that the most experienced coders have their own worthy projects to attend to. So while I can't speak for every edge fan, I hope that it's understood that asking for a programmer with modest goals is best.

If you're a coder willing to donate some time to this quirky port, drop us a line or post a response here. I'm on a cellphone so no links, sorry.

I've been asking for help with GZDoom for several years now - without success. So good luck but I honestly don't see many people here who might step in.

Oh, I know our chances are nil but you know what they say about going quietly into that goodnight. ;)

I would but I'm in the middle of something. It'd be a shame to let EDGE die like that. If EDGE still requires a programmer after I'm done I'll take it on. But there's no telling how long that this project might take.

He-hey! Thanx stroggos! Should you decide to come on board after slaying those wiley voxels, we would be honored by your presence. There are a handful of edge project devs that just started breathing again.

j/k