Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jan

No Sleep For The Dead [v1.0 released!]

I played throught the entire thing.
I rate it 10/10. You managed to keep the vibe of Doom's 1st episode alive, with the textures and everything. It isn't very hard, but it is lots of fun. Nice job mate.

Very good campaign, indeed. Outstanding polish too, as I have no issue to report! The bonus level is great too; in fact, I would go as far as to say it would make for a far more enjoyable opening level to Thy Flesh Consumed than "Hell Beneath".

But just what the hell is a "Dychedral"?

Making my first post on the forum just to say that I greatly enjoyed this episode pack. I enjoyed it so much that I downloaded Dodead right after and played that too. A little odd how this "sequel" is a bit easier than the old one, but that's fine. I love how vanilla both of these were.
Gonna try out some of your other stuff later.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

That's just a word I made up :)

The level name is an anagram, so I had to make it fit.

Any chance of a continuation? I would love to see your take on The Shores of Hell and Inferno as well as a full replacement of Thy Flesh Consumed.

That was beautiful; but the gameplay? I prefer class_e2, which was much more intense. This I'll probably play again with -fast ot -skill 5.

Up to E1M5 so far.

Fucking awesome. Congrats on the great work.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Any chance of a continuation? I would love to see your take on The Shores of Hell and Inferno as well as a full replacement of Thy Flesh Consumed.

Yes, I'm currently working on some stuff more in line with the E2 style, and with some early alpha influences as well. Working title is Forsaken Shores.

Thing is though, with my time constraints and knowing how quickly inspiration can come and dry up again, I think we're looking at 2 years or more before I have a full episode worth of levels.

So I was playing with the idea of taking a different approach: release the levels one by one, as they get made, like I did with the original classic levels. Then later, when they are finished, I combine them into a full episode.

The upside is that you'll get to play stuff sooner. The downside is that the first time you play it, it won't be the finished product in episodic format yet.

Any thoughts on that?

Great wad! It took me a while to get all the secrets, some of them are very clever! Loved all the level design and flow, fantastic work!

On 7/4/2016 at 3:41 AM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

I know this is a question from many, many years ago, and excuse me for the bump, but having taken a look at an online anagram generator, I just found out that E1M8's name might be an anagram for...

Spoiler

Sandy's Cathedral.

Also, this is such a nice E1 replacement, I must say!